3.5K Alpha Legion sneaky list

Hi All, so as part of the new edition i am looking at potential armies to start making and i have decided to revisit the AL after doing a few models a while ago. The  main idea of this list i that everything is either infiltrating or faster than normal, and there are no vehicles and I am running the Head-hunter Leviathal.

Herald - Cataphractii armour, Thunder hammer

Contemptor - Volkite, Chainfist with Melta

Apothecary - Jump pack, Powersword, Artificer

Head-hunters (5) - Multi-melta, Sergeant has Artificer armour, Poweraxe, and Melta Bombs

Recon squad (5) - Nemesis Bolters, Augery Scanner, Vox, Sergeant has Power dagger

Assault squad (15) - 3 x Poweraxe, 3 x Volkite Serpenta, Sergeant has Artificer armour, Twin lightning claws, and Melta Bombs

Tactical Squad (15) - Vexilia, Vox, Augery Scanner, Sergeant has Artificer armour, Poweraxe, and Melta Bombs

Javelins (2) - Cyclone Launchers, Multi-meltas, 2 x Hunter-killer missiles each

Skyhunters (3) - 3 x Multi-melta, Sergeant has Artificer Armour

Skyhunters (5) - 5 x Volkites, Vexilia, Sergeant has Artificer armour, and Poweraxe,

Leviathans (2) - both have Volkites, one with Drill and Melta, one with Claw and storm cannon

Tyrant Siege Terminators (10) - 3 x Chainfist

Alpharius

As you can see i have mainly gone for lots of volkites and melts as special weapons. The plan would normally be to inflitrate the tyrants with the herald onto a object somewhere, and the leviathans and contemptor somewhere near the enemy. Alpharius would infiltrate with the tactical squad as well. Recon squad would go somewhere they can shot and everything else would be able to move up. What do people think?

drop the leviathans for something more flashy and exciting. really wish people would reign themselves a bit more in with their use. well, cut one and be a bit more about the headhunting theme

Cheers for the feedback, and I understand what your saying, but I am loving the look of the new plastic leviathans and will be getting two of them (mainly because I like them to have one close and one ranged weapon, and thus need to buy two). If Head-hunters had line I would take more but without it it limits how many I want to take. 

but did u need that lot of line units with the alpha legion? i mean because of our forward deployment, headhunters, exodus, Saboteur and shenanigans i dont think so. 

i will run 1 tac squad with Scanner for home and 2x 5 recon with Nemesis. dont know if it works, but will see. 2000 points list btw.

I’m off the opinion that you do need quire a few line units, especially ones which aren’t easy to wipe out like a lot of 5 man units will be. I’m thinking one per thousand points plus an extra at the very minimum, and they need to be able to last if they are going to be anywhere apart from your deployment zone.