Warhammer-themed amusement park possible?

tangoalphatwo

a few over lappng thoughts from someone in northern Ireland who did some extra work on game of thrones and a few other tv shows that are filmed here. tie ins are brilliant. iv worked on most of the thrones sets built her and  a problem is sets made to look good are also made cheap. ie the winterfell throne room the stonework is actually painted plaster... a few hundred extras damaged it daily so most of the sets had to be rebuilt for thousands of public viewings. last i was n the exterior winterfell before it burned down it was literally rotting and one extra fell through one of the walkways... castle black ws left to rot and ruin years ago. the kings landing which was one  the est designed still hasnt been converted for public use/ rental. that one cost millions. it is on prime building ground in Belfast's titanic quarter and is a wanted site for filming etc as is beside the titanic studios which is generlly booked out as its probably the largest film studio in Europe. sets people would kill to et on get broken up and destroyed. and thats a tv show with a multi million per episode budget. that can reuse existing backgrounds and such. but one can hope. having seen what good got has done in my country

now as a hobbiest whos been nto 40k since i was 11ish what would i think can pass as feasible and work with their existing models? well ive never been but from what ive seen of and know of the likes of warhammer world. theyd need space to do enough without impacting on their day to day buisness and be able to expand if successful. obv theyd want to expand consumer base and the pul to get people to want to repeat return etc. the likes of bugmans bar sounds like its great and effective but would a 40k version of some from necromundia scummy divebar that could be used as a cantina sort of thing in some form of show. a smart thing would be to have a tv show where the main characters are not marines as less cgi etc but also more usable sets and characters if they manage to build to a museum or attraction(i think theme park s less of the direction to go) a display area of costumes in cases of characters from the show+weapons and visual displays and breakdowns like they do in the books, all done to insta grammable standards. make it something that anyone not nto 40k will see pics and think that looks cool. tie in with larp groups and have themed days. staff n linked in clothing (not nessiarily full powerarmour, save that for events) miniatures displays are great and should have a definite space but biger stuff will attract in a different way. i think gw are seeing that in how they are branching out with product they are selling people do want to stand next to what a full size marine should look like. if every so often that statue for eg changed chapter/ they built  the primarch statue scene  blocked off area with custodian statues to represent the golden throne room. had servitor like drones buzzing around etc... theres certainly even within their current space more to be done to make he likes of warhammer world a place that fns want to go see and rom around even if ey cant bring their army for a game, it would need t be a fairly large investment to bring it from having additional attractions to a theme park equivalent and how much it would need to charge to do so would likely be counter intuitive but there are ways to fil the gap and build that they simply havent. how many pretty b video games have they released that haven't been capitalised on bringing people to their sites? dawn of war, firewarrior, spacemarine...  

also for tie in now im not sure on warhammer plus content but surely theyre should be more free content o talk troughs of new content that could be done on their example sets and such to increase the questions of where is that is. i would lok at how deadpool bonus clips are done and do skits using such. gw has a good sense of humour but often forgets it. i think many would understand ther protection of their ip if they aggressively were actually usng such in a way they would hope to go viral. an inquisitor questioning their captured prey as a way to briefly explain some of the races could be fun as an example. 

what other sets could be made to work? what tie ins should be done? shuld not most of ti be doen to look dystopian? 40k toilets etc... ?

Warhammer will have died for me long before it gets big enough for a theme park. I don't get the desire for it to get so big or really "get" theme parks.

I am surprised there are no Warhammer LARP "parks". It's definitely big enough for that (more obscure or limited IPs have them). Maybe it is because Warhammer is mostly 40k and 40k is mostly Space Marines.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:19 PM, sbarnby71 said:

Imagine meeting a full height Space Marine only to watch him trip over his "Primaris Tactial Rock", end up on his back and not be able to get back up like a turtle (actually, that would be worth the entrance fee alone to see!).

Id pay twice the entrance fee to see that. 

I dont think TV shows will raise public awareness to make it worth investing in a theme park, theres a warhammer store in most towns now and have been for years so people know about the hobby, I dont think Warhammer+ will draw in the normies enough when its a niche thing in a niche hobby. 

Plus what we wish for and what GW gives us are too different things, we wanted a timeline progression with regular updates and now we have a hot mess of a game that needs fixing, over priced products that you need extra rules to use properly on release (looking at you Necromunda) and tons of other issues. Be careful what you wish for... 

Plus a theme park based on war, genocide, daemons and gods of killing and sexy stuff and hatred of those that dont fit amongst other things isnt really normie friendly, too many people out there will find issue with it just like they did D&D in the 80s.