Alternative Loadouts Bits Box

Hey guys,

I've started doing a lot more magnetising of models alternate loadouts. It now means I have a load bits kicking around that I want some form of storage for.

What's the best for of storage for something like this?

Thank!

For my left over bits I use compartmented boxes I got from an auto supply store, but you can get them at camping and fishing stores, I believe fishermen use them their fish hooks and such, craft stores, electronics stores as well as the likes of eBay and Amazon. If you’re talking about a way of storing your magnetised, painted bits between games then you can still use a compartmented box, just wrap each bit in a tissue to stop them from scratching up against each other. Also I would recommend varnishing your bits for protection, as you should do for the rest of your models anyway.

3 hours ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

For my left over bits I use compartmented boxes I got from an auto supply store, but you can get them at camping and fishing stores, I believe fishermen use them their fish hooks and such, craft stores, electronics stores as well as the likes of eBay and Amazon. If you’re talking about a way of storing your magnetised, painted bits between games then you can still use a compartmented box, just wrap each bit in a tissue to stop them from scratching up against each other. Also I would recommend varnishing your bits for protection, as you should do for the rest of your models anyway.

Yes it is for painted weapons etc;

large.PXL_20220714_152152649.jpg.44c2e4009a0aa2976384f6aff9311968.jpg

Sounds like a tackle box of some sort would be the best idea.

Given that these are magnetized pieces you probably don’t want whacking into each other, and to avoid any kind of wrapping possibly damaging your painting on them, you could also use some metal strips glued to the sides of the separator pieces (although I would probably put them in the bottom of the sectioned off areas) in the tackle/craft box to have the bits remain (mostly) separated.