Help finding a WD issue number with a Fraeter’s Army in it.

Go to solution Solved by Brother Argent,

Hi all I’m looking to buy a copy of a White Dwarf from eBay but don’t know what the issue number ithat contains an article featuring a Dark Angels army by a Frater named Archangeleong. I contact them but their account has been inactive since 2012. I’ve included a link to the army in the DA showcase. I like the army a lot and would like to get a copy of the old WD as it has studios quality photos that I can draw inspiration from for my own DA. If it helps I believe the issue was released when different countries had different issues of the magazine and would be the Australian version of the magazine, which makes sense as the Fraeter is Australian. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: just to clarify I’m not looking to buy the magazine on B&C, mainly because I’m pretty sure it’s against forum rules, just wondering if a Fraeter can help me identify the issue number so I know what I’m looking for.

The army in question can be found by clicking the arrow in the too right.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Hi, I had a quick look through the March 2007 to December 2008 WD issues I have (UK edition). I couldn't find the specific army in those.

However, WD 327 March 2007 contained "Unforgiven Codex: Dark Angels" and WD 328 April 2008 had a painting masterclass article on Sammael.

I would guess GW customers service might be able to help locating the exact issue it was printed in. Best of luck!

Thank you for the effort. I figured that might be the case, back then the UK, US/Canada and Australia/New Zealand had their own version of the magazine. Some of the content was universal to all versions and some was specific to the location. If anyone on B&C will be able to help they’re likely going to be Aussie. It’s going to make finding a copy of the magazine once I even actually have the issue hard too, as I’m going to have to find a copy of the Australian version.

Edit: I’ll try getting in touch with GW via email as you suggested.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

• Solution

I believe this is the White Dwarf you are after:

Australian White Dwarf 322 (August 2001)

large.Magazine.jpg.b310eaeb287ab4f3657c322ee408e5b2.thumb.jpg.bdff602eb5945e86097c91538a865f05.jpg

Has a four page article on  a full Dark Angels Battle Company, part of what inspired my to collect a battle company back in the day.

I can send you images of the article if you like.  Let me know how you get on with sourcing it.

On 7/24/2022 at 2:23 PM, Brother Argent said:

I believe this is the White Dwarf you are after:

Australian White Dwarf 322 (August 2001)

large.Magazine.jpg.b310eaeb287ab4f3657c322ee408e5b2.thumb.jpg.bdff602eb5945e86097c91538a865f05.jpg

Has a four page article on  a full Dark Angels Battle Company, part of what inspired my to collect a battle company back in the day.

I can send you images of the article if you like.  Let me know how you get on with sourcing it.

Thank you so much. I was looking at the White Dwarfs from around the time period and had it narrowed down to this one and the month before and two months after. Now I know which one it is. Very much  appreciated. I wa going to just have to buy  all four of them, but now I don’t.