Mordhiem Tuft - non-GW match?

Go to solution Solved by Arkhanist,

Evening all,

I am looking for a match for the OOP Mordhiem tufts. I believe GW sources them through a third party, but I cannot remember the name of the company? Need some to finish some army bases. 

Any help appreciated. Found a few through Gamers grass, but not sure which ones will match up.

Cheers for the help!

• Solution

Gw used to source them from mininatur, don't know if they still do. I've also seem them branded silflor.

IIRC (though I may not!) mordheim turf was Late fall grass tufts; they come in a 4mm and 6mm version; 4mm would be the GW length I think.

I like the karst late fall tufts also, they've a nice brown two tone effect going on for some dead grass variety to mix in.

14 hours ago, Arkhanist said:

Gw used to source them from mininatur, don't know if they still do. I've also seem them branded silflor.

IIRC (though I may not!) mordheim turf was Late fall grass tufts; they come in a 4mm and 6mm version; 4mm would be the GW length I think.

I like the karst late fall tufts also, they've a nice brown two tone effect going on for some dead grass variety to mix in.

Thank you! Those are exactly what I am looking for.

35 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

I never had any middenland, but I think karst late fall is browner than it was, looking at random photos online.

Karst late fall tufts on the top (737-34s), karst early fall (737-33s) on the bottom, the longer version of both.

Bought some Karst late fall as a test only €13 to the UK... So its not a huge cost for a test if its the same then I will never worry about ebay again.

Pic attached of Middenland Tufts.

55.jpg

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar