First list… iron warriors 2k

shauneyboy

Hi everyone… 

New to the hobby.  Been lurking the forums and watching YouTube vids.  Going to take the plunge with the starter box, but also trying to make a list to help prioritize initial purchases and have a solid base to build from.

I put this together and would welcome feedback.

RoW: Hammer of Olympia (I think that’s what it’s called… the shrapnel one)

HQ: Legion Centurion with Siege Breaker upgrade, chain axe, and melta bombs (had 15 spare points)

Troops:

2x10 tac squads with shrapnel bolters

Heavy Support:

7x Tyrant Siege Terminators with Chainfist upgrade

Spartan dedicated transport

Perturabo (no hammer)

3x iron circle as bodyguard

And that’s it… 2k on the nose.

As I would expand this to 3k I would flesh out the tac squads to 20 each with all the fixin’s… maybe add in another tac squad, beef up the siege termies to 10, maybe another battle automata, some upgrades for the Spartans, and some heavy support… autocannons or missiles or some such.

Am I on a decent path here?

Edited by shauneyboy

I'm not a massive fan of primarchs at 2k, especially if that's a core part of your army and always taking it. But that's just me, I prefer them for occasional large games. 

You've only got 2 squads that can score on objectives, if they get wiped out you'll have a hard time. 

As far as I'm aware automata can't use transports, so if you were planning on sticking perty and his iron circle in the Spartan that ain't gonna work. ( though looking at your post you're having the tyrants in the Spartan?) what are you thinking you'll be doing with these guys? 

For me, at 2k, you've not got enough boots on the ground, and not enough anti armour. How are you going to deal with contemptors, heavy support squads with lascannons, Kratos tanks etc with your tyrants inside the Spartan and your primarch foot slogging across the board?

Cheers