Night Lord's Terror Assault

Mike8404

I'm a huge narrative player, but I do still want an army that synergizes.  I'm building a Terror Assault army and have 2 10 man units of Terror Troops with Volkite, what other units should I add?  I'm avoiding dreads right now, not because they're strong, but just to fill out infantry first 

Some rotor cannons (tac support squad or one to 3 in a terror squad) would be good for pinning. I'm not a math head, so I can't tell you how many rotor cannons you want to feel secure in a unit's ability to pin another one. Some LINE troops would probably be valuable. Raptors are very Terror Assaulty. Jump pack librarian would give you very mobile pinning to go along with the raptors, or non-jump pack to go with a terror squad.

Consider adding 2, 5-man squads of recons. They have infiltrate and skirmishers like terrors, line, and are even harder to shoot during night fight than normal units. It's ~170 for the two, and well worth it imo. They're both thematic and heavily synergistic.

Thanks for the help everyone!  I sight know about Recon Squads, up have to try them.

37 minutes ago, xxxjtmxxx said:

i would go further and take 3 of them. than 1 raptor and 2 terror squads. raptors go by jumppack or guided via deep strike. i would equip the terror squads with some ccw to do also damage in melee, so mixing Equipment. So you have alle troop choice filed with around  1300 points.

what points do you like to run?

What CCW do you recommend?  The group I'll play in starts at 2500.  I've also heard Seekers are a good choice too

Edited by Mike8404