=][= AND WE'RE BACK =][=

The site will go offline on Friday, 22 July in the morning (Pacific time) and will (should) come back online 2-3 days later, Monday at the latest (barring any catastrophic problems).

During this time, the Sacristans will be applying a minor update and transferring the site to more robust hardware.

The world is not coming to an end.

Okay, that didn't take nearly as long as we thought it would (story of my life).

There may be some residual user experience problems with the theme (skin) because those have to be implemented separately from the other stuff that happened. Our theme expert, though, is busy with Real Life (e.g., wife, job, newborn baby, especially the newborn baby), so those things will be resolved soon enough. Those issues are minor, though, and shouldn't significantly affect discussions, so we brought the site back online and we can all just deal with little problems until we get them fixed. :wink:

That said, if you see anything that doesn't appear to be working right, please start a topic to describe the problem in the Bug Reports forum.

Our Sacristan may be along shortly to give you a more intelligent explanation of what happened (I'm more like a servitor when it comes to all of this technical gobbledygook).

Yea.

The main goal was accomplished. We wanted the system to be independent from my wallet.  Solved that.  Much appreciated.

We also upgraded the required system software so we can apply site software patches in the future. That's done too.

We gained a ton of disk space, and got a clean system.  

The gingerbread left to decorate is the theme update (frankly you won't even notice) but version control requires it done before site software patches are possible.

Our UX designer is on the case.

The long term fixes to apply can wait.  And I'm of the opinion to space them out to keep the maintenance routine minimal.

I have some sawdust to clean up tonight.  After that I should be able to resume the hobby.   Maybe?

I'll be around to address questions and fix bugs.

Thanks for your patience.  

FWIW, I was also getting the black box yesterday for several of the banners pulled from the gallery (http, not https) at home, assumed it was a theme issue. It's working fine at work as of now (tested in chrome and firefox both ends). Will see what if it's still happening when I get home later!

I’m not a “techy” kind of fellow, but I appreciate all the work you guys have put into this site. It’s helped me stay in touch with the hobby, and all but steered me back into playing once again. 
jist know all the hard work is well appreciated over in this corner!

3 hours ago, FollowerofDG said:

I’m not a “techy” kind of fellow, but I appreciate all the work you guys have put into this site. It’s helped me stay in touch with the hobby, and all but steered me back into playing once again. 
jist know all the hard work is well appreciated over in this corner!

Because of the Members, and especially Members like you who are in the hobby for fun and enjoyment that the BnC thrives.    My tenure at BnC is dwarfed by many others (many) here, but I can say that after scanning the matrix this is indeed the best there is online.   Hands down.  We got the best Members, best Moderators and some of the nicest model/work on display.

It's just a game, a hobby, a pastime, a recreation, and we're glad you're here.  Stay.

-sibomots