Reinforcement Points for Horrors of Tzeentch Question

Go to solution Solved by Special Officer Doofy,

Hi Brethren,

I'm confused as to how the "split" rules work with reinforcement points. It can be argued that blue and brimstone horrors are free when replacing destroyed pink horrors is already paid for by the original unit cost. I don't see anything in a FAQ to clarify. How are people judging the rules on this unit? I have to assume you need to come up with split model points, but I could be wrong. Sorry if this has already been covered in the forum.

Sometimes a rule will allow you to add extra models to an existing unit from your army during the battle. Unless otherwise started, adding these models does not cost any Reinforcement points.

• Reinforcement Points: Difference between points limit and the total points value of all units in your army.
  • When a unit is added to your army during a battle, reduce your Reinforcement points by the points value of the new unit.
  • Adding models to existing units does not cost Reinforcement points.

• Solution

Right on the datasheet for horrors (at least in my digital codex) below the split rule in the codex it says:

Matched Play: Models added to this unit using the Split ability must be paid for with reinforcement points, but can take the unit above its starting size.

Edited by Putrid Choir