Essential Reading List ?

sibomots

• 3 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 5:48 PM, Chaplain Dak said:

Brother, 

I would really recommend reading Warhawk (part 6 of the seige of terra books, actually read them all). In that book It explains the reason why Sigismund get the black sword and from who, and why he is called the Emperors champion and the enemies he kills. Teaser: For he was not the 1st Emperors Champion. Its done really good and im sure any BT fan will enjoy it.

The Emperor Protects

For those of us who aren't going to get a chance to read these books, can someone post a spoilers rundown?  I'm highly curious about this and didn't know any of that.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:48 PM, Chaplain Dak said:

Brother, 

I would really recommend reading Warhawk (part 6 of the seige of terra books, actually read them all). In that book It explains the reason why Sigismund get the black sword and from who, and why he is called the Emperors champion and the enemies he kills. Teaser: For he was not the 1st Emperors Champion. Its done really good and im sure any BT fan will enjoy it.

The Emperor Protects

Wait wait wait, I missed this vortex bomb when you posted it nearly half a year ago. Like my bro above requested, please spill the beans (in an apropriately spoilered format) if you can!

Spoiler

And that just left one element – the one part of the defensive line that had not yet imploded, holding its own across nine subsectors even as enemy forces flocked to take it down. At present, it was a salient, jutting into surrendered territory like an arrow shaft. If it was not withdrawn swiftly, though, it would be cut off entirely, just another encircled fragment of loyalist resilience to be picked off at will. ‘And Sigismund,’ Dorn said. ‘The Emperor’s Champion,’ offered one of the officials. He turned on her, and she froze. ‘What was that you…’ He collected himself. ‘Who calls him that?’ The woman wore the uniform of a major-general. She commanded armies. For all that, she swallowed, nervously. ‘I… just heard it said.’ Dorn stared at her a little longer. He processed it. They had called him the same thing, once. In the days when he had still allowed himself to leave the confines of this damned bastion, its suffocating walls, its spirit-sucking emptiness, that had been his title. His gaze wandered a little, and he saw the cowled face in every armaglass reflection again, mocking now. All over for you now, Rogal. It hasn’t been enough, has it? No one will ever really know how hard you tried. Even your little names have been taken away. He drew in a long, dry breath. ‘Suits him,’ he grunted curtly. ‘Get him back, all the same. He’s done what I ordered – anything more is suicide.’

I don't know if this Spoiler quite matches the hype Dak has given it. I barely even registered it as a fact worth remembering.

Edited by Sword Brother Adelard

• 7 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 7:20 AM, Canadian_F_H said:

I suppose we can add Nick Kyme's "The Iron Kingdom" since there is an obvious Black Templar Sword Brother on the cover.

image.thumb.png.02b3beadb4e723998eb31af429b411e9.png

I started reading this book a few days ago, and it's better than I expected! I'm lucky to have literature classes in my uni, so I read a lot of different books, not just classic literature, and can have a discussion afterward. This book I read for my class some time ago, and I also needed to write a paper on it, which was pretty complicated. I used https://edubirdie.com/pay-for-essays because I was running out of time, so thought it would be a good idea to use professional help. I think I just enjoyed that book too much and forgot about time, but it was all good, so now I have to find something else to read.

Edited by killianness