Bitter Duty

SmorcInc

I couldn't figure out the search bar so I'm sorry if this was already posted here.

The Bitter Duty rule looks like people with it can join units without it, since it lacks the restriction Ravening Madmen has to prevent such things. I just wanted to make sure I was reading that correctly before I slap a Moritat into my units.

By RAW I think you are correct, but it's most likely yet another example of poor word choice in the 2.0 rules. 

IMO It's pretty clear the intention was to prevent characters with Bitter Duty from joining units without it.  Otherwise literally every primary assault unit would include a Moritat to make ID thresholds drop!

28 minutes ago, Cruor Vault said:

By RAW I think you are correct, but it's most likely yet another example of poor word choice in the 2.0 rules. 

IMO It's pretty clear the intention was to prevent characters with Bitter Duty from joining units without it.  Otherwise literally every primary assault unit would include a Moritat to make ID thresholds drop!

How would a moritat affect instant death thresholds? 

Cadmus 

1 hour ago, Cadmus Tyro said:

Yep, but if you read the last sentence in the rad grenade equipment entry it specifically states it does not affect instant death thresholds.

Cadmus 

Are we reading different books? Mine specifically says it does affect ID thresholds.