HH2.0 Terror Assault

Snuggatron

I started building up a Terror Assault force prior to 2.0 being announced. Naturally, by the time I had it all bought, built, and painted the edition had changed and it was no longer valid. This is what I’m thinking it’s spiritual successor should look like. 

(edit: put in list 2.0, now without drop pods)

3k Terror Assault
Legiones Astartes

Praetor: paragon blade; Warhawk Jump Pack (goes w/ Raptors)

Moritat: plasma pistol; plasma pistol; melta bombs; Warhawk Jump Pack (flying solo)

10 Executioners: Headsman (artificer armour; chainglaive); 9 Executioners; 6 × volkite charger; 3 × rotor cannon 

10 Executioners: Headsman (artificer armour; chainglaive); 9 Executioners; 6 × volkite charger; 3 × rotor cannon 

5 Reconnaissance Marines: Reconnaissance Sergeant (Nemesis bolter); 4 Reconnaissance Marines; 4 × Nemesis bolter; nuncio-vox 

5 Reconnaissance Marines: Reconnaissance Sergeant (Nemesis bolter); 4 Reconnaissance Marines; 4 × Nemesis bolter; nuncio-vox 

10 Night Raptors: Huntmaster (artificer armour; Headsman’s axe); 9 Night Raptors; 9 × bolt pistol; 2 × chainblade; 4 × chainglaive; 3 × pair of lightning claws; Warhawk Jump Pack 

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon
• Contemptor Dreadnought: kheres assault cannon; gravis chainfist (meltagun) 

Apothecarion Detachment
• Apothecary: Warhawk Jump Pack (goes w/ Raptors)

Xiphon Pattern Interceptor 

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon
• Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: cyclonic melta lance; phosphex discharger 

Konrad Curze, The Night Haunter: Rite of War (Terror Assault); Konrad Curze, The Night Haunter 

2,941 points

so what do we think? Comments and advise are always welcome!

Edited by Snuggatron
Change list

is this terror assault or drop pod row?

edit. i see, its terror assault.

the drop pods dont come in t1. only in row drop pod assault u can bring them t1.

because of night fight i would bring the levi and raptors by foot. and the terror squads infiltrate. So you have around 170 points left.

and maybe u mix in 3 rotor cannons in the terror squads because u want to pin the enemy.

Edited by xxxjtmxxx

2 hours ago, Snuggatron said:

Oh that’s a huge change, I never even realized that they changed drop pods like that. Back to the drawing board then!

Yeah, it really just undid Pod-based Terror lists. They are so much less reliable now coming in T2 at the earliest and how they arrive is also different and less useful, imo.

You still have some solid choices, from what I am seeing - and we have Infiltrate on the Terror Squads so the Pods are less necessary anyhow. With the points saved from Pods alone you can get an Apothecary for the Raptors so they get that little extra bump in durability.

44 minutes ago, xxxjtmxxx said:

u have not enough anti tank. u have only the melter and melee from the dreadnoughts and the one xiphon.

Agreed. You would benefit from another piece of long-range anti-tank. I think the Kraken Lightning is still pretty solid (with Prey Sight).

I’ve been thinking about this for my own terror list. Given the ranges on the volkite and night fighting is it not better to have the rotor cannons in their own squad so they can keep at a further distance? 

25 minutes ago, gil galed said:

I’ve been thinking about this for my own terror list. Given the ranges on the volkite and night fighting is it not better to have the rotor cannons in their own squad so they can keep at a further distance? 

That was my thought initially too. They are really aiming at two different targets - Rotors are for pinning, while Volkites are for damage. Also, we have Recon Squads for pinning as well. How much Pinning is too much?

For now I can drop the Moritat, since he was just a rule of cool addition anyway, and toss in a pair of Land Speeders with graviton guns and multimeltas to zip along flanks and hopefully get some rear/ side arc shots. 

17 minutes ago, gil galed said:

I’m honestly not sure without playing the list. Night fighting would be mitigated by Curze giving the Terror Squads night vision and they can start in range, or very close to it, thanks to infiltrate.

10 minutes ago, oldhat said:

That was my thought initially too. They are really aiming at two different targets - Rotors are for pinning, while Volkites are for damage. Also, we have Recon Squads for pinning as well. How much Pinning is too much?

The pinning will help the damage though won’t it? The rotors put on pinning, the volkites soften them up, then you charge and get talent for murder procs. With this in the squads plus the nemesis bolters on the Recon Marines I have a ton of different ways to gain that unfair advantage.

7 minutes ago, Snuggatron said:

For now I can drop the Moritat, since he was just a rule of cool addition anyway, and toss in a pair of Land Speeders with graviton guns and multimeltas to zip along flanks and hopefully get some rear/ side arc shots. 

I’m honestly not sure without playing the list. Night fighting would be mitigated by Curze giving the Terror Squads night vision and they can start in range, or very close to it, thanks to infiltrate.

I think he means that Volkite is 15" range vs the "no LoS" aspect of Night Fighting which is 24". Rotors are outside that so they can shoot without being shot, while Volkite Terror squads have to close in to shoot. Mixing them seems to be less optimal than splitting them for their specific purposes.