Night Lords Armoured Spearhead 3k 2nd Attempt

gmaleron

Hey guys, I got some great feedback from yall and after watching a few playtest games this past Friday I think I've ironed out how I want to build my Spearhead. Plan is to take advantage of "A Talent for Murder" as much as possible and maximize the potential damage output my army can provide. As usual any and all feedback is appreciated as i am attempting to iron out my list before purchasing to make the most of the money I spend, thanks guys and AVE DOMINUS NOX!

ROW: Armoured Spearhead 

HQ:

Master of Armour Sicaran *w/ Lascannon Sponsons

ELITES:

Sicaran *w/ Lascannon Sponsons

TROOPS:

-x2 Predators *w/ x1 Gravis Lascannon Turret, x1 Predator Cannon Turret, x1 Lascannon Sponsons, x1 Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blades

-x2 Predators *w/ x1 Gravis Lascannon Turret, x1 Predator Cannon Turret, x1 Lascannon Sponsons, x1 Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blades

-x2 Recon Squads *w/ x10 Nemesis Bolters, Rhino *w/ Dozer Blade, Additional TL-Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT:

-x2 Sicaran Punishers *w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons

-x2 Sicaran Punishers *w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons

-x2 Sicaran Omegas *w/ Lascannon Sponsons

TOTAL ARMY: 3000 POINTS

Model Count: 

-x14 Tanks

-x20 Infantry 

-x2 Rhinos 

TACTICS:

-Recon Squads will maneuver into the best Firing Position possible to begin pinning enemy units, Rhinos will be used to tie up enemy infantry/distraction/screen.

-Sicaran Punishers will prioritize pinning high threat enemy units.

-Sicaran Omegas will utilize their wall of potential AP2 Firepower to prioritize Elite units.

-Sicarans will provide more Fire Support in combination with Predators, Punishers and Omegas.

-x6 Predators in flexible squadrons of 2 vehicles to get A Talent for Murder. Mixed loadouts will make them more effective vs Infantry and Monster/vehicle Heavy lists.

I like it!

Why maneuver the Recons when you can Infiltrate them? You'll find that Transports can Infiltrate with an Emabarked Unit with Infiltrate  I did this to pretty solid effect this weekend with a multi-melta Rhino. Being unable to shoot while embarked is sort of a bummer, but maybe pile out into cover turn 1 rather and let the Rhino go off hunting rear armor, rather than making your (no longer Fast in this RoW in the 'Nuj Testament) Rhino drive them across the board, since they have to start Embarked?

17 hours ago, gmaleron said:

I didn't realize the dedicated transport could infiltrate if the squad is allowed to infiltrate, that would definitely be the play in this case.

That kept going back and forth in the 6-7-Age of Darkness rulebook/FAQ shuffle, so there were points in the prior version(s) where you could, as well.