So... Challenge for me.

I finally got my HH box and will be setting myself a challenge. 2 Months the whole box (sans them horrible Praetors)

I was going to do Ultramarines but I collect them for 40K so to that end there is not a Legion I really feel a great affinity for.

So I am thinking Crimson Fists but built as Imperial Fists.

Scratches that first love of Rogue Trader and Beaks.

1 hour ago, Altis said:

If you're painting them blue then why not UM? 

I think blue fists are gonna throw a lot of people, as that happened after the heresy. 

Your models though brother, as long as you're happy and we get to see progress pics! 

Darker blue for CF... I collect 40K Ultras so not needing 30k ones.

Plus Fists get Castellans = Heavy Support as troops :D

1 hour ago, Wolf Guard Einar said:

Darker blue for CF... I collect 40K Ultras so not needing 30k ones.

Plus Fists get Castellans = Heavy Support as troops :D

I think you need to read the Rules again.

HSS are not troops but can get the Line rule. Its a bit different.

Getting "Line" - which you generally must have to hold/deny objectives - is considerably nicer than having something in the troops slot as a rule. There's plenty of examples of the reverse due to various RoW, and they're not that worthwhile unless you're really constrained for slots. HSS counting as line definitely makes them more useful.

HH 1.0 was very much a tread head edition, 2.0 infantry based builds are effective so taking HS units like heavy support squads vs vehicles works. Yellow + black IF's would make more sense than CF's for HH use, you can do proto BT via Templar Brethren paint variant scheme.  If you are set on blue I would recommend UM, AL or NL instead. 

13 hours ago, Wolf Guard Einar said:

Can you explain a little not read the rules.

It's probably a good habit to get into, to read and understand the rules from their source, rather than going by incomplete and often inaccurate snippets of info from various comments/posts... 

Then the rules don't matter, and just paint what you like. I'd just use the stuff as a 40k Crimson fist army, or maybe set them in the scouring era with Pollux in his blues?

But really, why not Ultramarines? If they're the only legion you have affinity for? You can try a deep regal blue, or attempt a metallic. The Roman theme is also a lot more leaned into in heresy than 40K, so there's a different aesthetic.

Or challenge yourself and paint a different colour alltogether! 

5 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Then the rules don't matter, and just paint what you like. I'd just use the stuff as a 40k Crimson fist army, or maybe set them in the scouring era with Pollux in his blues?

But really, why not Ultramarines? If they're the only legion you have affinity for? You can try a deep regal blue, or attempt a metallic. The Roman theme is also a lot more leaned into in heresy than 40K, so there's a different aesthetic.

Or challenge yourself and paint a different colour alltogether! 

I have tried 3 times to start a HH Ultramarines army. I just don't feel it.

Now I know Heavy Support aren't/can't be troops I suppose my choice is wide open.

Well I was thinking about the Scouring era just before the Codex becomes set in stone, I have had a love for Beaks and CF since the RT days.

Ah you're breaking my heart not doing them as Ultramarines as I've seen what you can do with that colour scheme. 

However, Crimson Fists from these MK6 Marines will reek of cool, nostalgia and frankly every extra Crimson Fist army will be cherished by all.

:smile:

(As per request I've moved the topic)

23 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Ah you're breaking my heart not doing them as Ultramarines as I've seen what you can do with that colour scheme. 

However, Crimson Fists from these MK6 Marines will reek of cool, nostalgia and frankly every extra Crimson Fist army will be cherished by all.

:smile:

(As per request I've moved the topic)

I really don't need more Ultras :P

But yeah this really is  what got me into 40K. I was there the day of RT release in Leeds.

• 3 weeks later...

You Know...Paint em as CF's ...I'm sure you'll do a Stirling Job (plus i'd love seeing 30K players Go Banana's when they see a 30K army that's not Canon :banana::cuss: )....

Gosh even I'm tempted to paint up a 30K army in 40K colours ... :laugh:.

on a serious note * 30K Imperial Fists rules with 40K Crimson Fists paintjobs sounds awesome and i guess legal too (if you ever went to a tourney..."Yes they are Blue...but they're still Fists buddy!..." :thumbsup:

Mithril