Images and pics

How can I get the best picture of my models? I’m not good at taking pictures as it is, but is it better to use natural light with a white background, a light box, or any other things. I don’t want to have to change the images much, as it messes with the true colors and quality. I have used natural light recently, but I always seem to have a shadow or reflection. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

You can get a cheap photo box on amazon with an inbuilt LED that folds away when not in use - it has a selection of coloured backgrounds that sit curved, i tend to just use the white one or some light blue card i have.

Mine is similar to this one (sorry i couldn't find the one I ordered):

Amazon photo box

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was use a tripod (or some other way to keep your camera in place) and a timer. Also, depending on the color of your model, dark or gradient backgrounds can look really great, though nowadays I prefer using terrain as a background. The last thing I can think of is using Macro mode if you have it, long and short, it's function is for taking pictures of small things close up.

I was looking at similar lightboxes earlier too, didn't realize there were some that came cheaply enough.  I had something rigged, and wasn't ready to spend $60+ on one...this will actually work great as something to try out.

1 hour ago, FollowerofDG said:

I didn’t even consider a tripod. I’m pretty sure I have one the right size lying around somewhere. Thank you. 

Also, if you are using your phone, turn voice command on.  Then you don't have to worry about it shaking when you try to take the pic, you can just tell it to shoot after adjusting all of your settings.

Well, I greatly appreciate all the feedback and assistance from everyone. I’ll be purchasing a light box before long, I will attempt to find the tripod for my phone, and I will DEFINITELY use voice commands. 
Brilliant info!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very similar light box (possibly even the same thing sold under a different brand here in the UK). I use my Panasonic Lumix to take the pictures and without digging through all the hundreds of settings I don't need to touch when taking pictures of anything else I couldn't get it to stop over-correcting for the glare from the white background sheet, but have had no issues since switching to the green one - Just in case you have the same issue.

Edited by Cleon

4 hours ago, Cleon said:

I have a very similar light box (possibly even the same thing sold under a different brand here in the UK). I use my Panasonic Lumix to take the pictures and without digging through all the hundreds of settings I don't need to touch when taking pictures of anything else I couldn't get it to stop over-correcting for the glare from the white background sheet, but have had no issues since switching to the green one - Just in case you have the same issue.

Ok, very nice to know. Thanks for the advice!