Night Lords Recon Company 3000

TheNineteenth

This is a variation on my 2500 PotL list, based on current painted collection and adding minimal new models (NL Praetor model as Herald, some Recons made from mk4 NL upgrades I have laying around; everything else already built and painted for Adepticon '18).

3000 1280   1720 HQ Troops Elites Line Fast Attack Heavy Support Lord of War
  Base Cost Additional Models Per Model 2 2 2 2 0 2 0
Tartaros Praetor       1            
Paragon Blade   1                
Trophies of Judgement   1                
Tartaros Centurion                    
Headsman's Axe   1                
Herald   1                
Damocles       1            
Dozer Blade   1                
Atramentar   10       1        
Plasma Blaster   3                
Magna Combi-Weapon   12                
Lightning Claw   6                
Power Axe   4                
Power Sword   5                
Grenade Harness   1                
Atramentar   15       1        
Plasma Blaster   4                
Powerfist   7                
Chainfist   8                
Magna Combi-Weapon   16                
Chainglaive   5                
Grenade Harness   1                
Recon Squad         1   1      
Nuncio Vox   1                
Melta-bombs   5                
Recon Squad         1   1      
Nuncio Vox   1                
Scorpius   1             1  
Arcus                 1  
Skyspear   1                
Neutron Flux   1                
Pyrax   1                
Prey Sight   1                
Helical Targeting Array   1                
Dozer Blade   1                

Hey, I'd love to comment on this and even talk about the idea behind the list, but it's almost impossible to parse. Could you perhaps set it out differently? It's a bit annoying typing everything out but it really makes things much more readable (and people might respond!).

What benefit does this list get from being a Recon Company? If you're not taking Seekers as Troops or loading up on nemesis recon marines there seems to be little point?

Wouldn't you be better off using Sevatar and regular terminators instead of paying the point markup on Atramentar for built-in Deepstrike?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 4:42 AM, Brother_Angelus said:

What benefit does this list get from being a Recon Company? If you're not taking Seekers as Troops or loading up on nemesis recon marines there seems to be little point?

Wouldn't you be better off using Sevatar and regular terminators instead of paying the point markup on Atramentar for built-in Deepstrike?

The benefit it gets is the cheapest (points, painting, and bux) possible cost to get it back on the board: building 10x NL power armoured bodies I have on hand to make Recon meltabombers (a unique novelty now that Veterans and Assault Marines can't take meltabombs). I would be very open to other ideas to add limited models to the collection to make what I have collected and painted table-legal, again.

Other things I've considered and have on hand to build/paint  are 3x Contemptors or 2x Predators, possibly with using the Arcus as a straight Sicaran , to be the Command Tank.

In re: Sevatar, That's probably good advice; he's in my shopping cart.

I'm grappling with what to do with a painted collection that isn't legal to play under Pride of the Legion anymore (35 Tartaros, one Praetor Tribune, a Damocles, and the bugaboo: three HS missile tanks which clearly don't  work in PotL with 1 Heavy Support slot.

On 7/28/2022 at 3:19 AM, newmajorpanic said:

Hey, I'd love to comment on this and even talk about the idea behind the list, but it's almost impossible to parse. Could you perhaps set it out differently? It's a bit annoying typing everything out but it really makes things much more readable (and people might respond!).

I have so many armies that re-typing each one would be beyond the effort I'm willing to put in.

Deleting the points (cost per model, upgrade, unit) from my spreadsheet and bolding the FoC entries is already laborious in pasting here (that's where the table/etc comes from).