Left handed rapier

Is anyone aware of a left handed rapier-type sword suitable for a 40K mini?  I want one for the kitbashed Lucius model I plan on doing, but not sure where I can source the sword from - I end up having to scratch build my own, which would be an adventure of its own (never done that before, though I've read threads here where others have done so)..

One I've seen is to kitbash an eldar wraithblade sword blade onto a left hand; in this case, they used a chainsword arm.

e6l1ok484ez41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

It's somewhat overkill to buy 10, but you can get 3d printed ones; e.g.

710x528_21938489_12308560_1565121888_3dd

Or there's conversion world, where they also do slightly flexi-hands to go with the handless weapons

1010119newkomp.png

Edited by Arkhanist

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Talked to the staff at my local GW, who twigged me onto the Warhammer Commorative Series model Anasta Malkarion, whose sword is pretty much perfect for what I wanted.  I luckily managed to snag their last box.  Until I find a use for his body, does make for a pretty expensive sword, though.... :sweat:

They also gave me the Sigmarite model that they give out for free with painting lessons (one of these guys), whose head I plan to commandeer and use for my "not Lucius."  Though, the head on the Lucious @Arkhanist posted would also be perfect - where is it from?

Anyway, I'll post a pic here once I get him built.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

12 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Talked to the staff at my local GW, who twigged me onto the Warhammer Commorative Series model Anasta Malkarion, whose sword is pretty much perfect for what I wanted.  I luckily managed to snag their last box.  Until I find a use for his body, does make for a pretty expensive sword, though.... :sweat:

Turn her into a Slaaneshi Herald? Snip her sword hand off at the wrist, add claw, headswap and boom. 

I think the head Arkhanist posted is a converted possessed head with the horns filed down. Looks like the bottom left head. 

Possessed | Games Workshop Webstore

Would the Slaaneshi head from the Chaos Chariot kit be worth using? It has a nice arrogant sneer, add some scars and it may work. 

Warhammer AoS Bitz: CHAOS - Gorebeast Chariot - Crew Weapon B - Great

Edited by Slave to Darkness
added pictures

On 7/29/2022 at 3:07 PM, Aramis K said:

Two of the Cursed City vampires, Vyrkos Blood-born, have rapiers in their left hands.

For just the sword I'd look at the Blood Knight kit for some beautiful examples. All right handed but the basket hilts might make shifting it to a left hand easier.

One thing on the AoS vampire swords - they are way too weedy looking on a space marine, absolutely lovely swords but just dont look right IMO - I bought a few thinking they might be good for Blood Angels ll

2 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

I bought a few thinking they might be good for Blood Angels ll

Delicate, pretty to look at but breaks easy? Yeah they are perfect!! :biggrin::wink:

I jest, I actually love Blood Angels. Was my first Imperial army back as a kid.  :wub:

That's a great head, @Slave to Darkness - though, do I really want/need to pay another $40+ kit for one piece for this model?  Probably?  Anyway, its definitely in running along with one of the Chaos Chosen head's and the Sigmarite masked head.  And good suggestion using the rest of Malkarion as a herald of slaanesh.

Thanks for the feedback, @Blindhamster, but the thinness kind of goes with what I'm going for (and I think chaos space marines are more forgiving in terms of strangely proportioned weapons than are their loyalist cousins).  It held that the "rapier" had the proportions of a 2 handed weapon on its original model - which is looks really wired on the original sculpt, but works in my favour. :happy:

Anyway, here is a pic of the model so far, with the sword in place.

8VcEibv.jpg

The right hand will have a chain in it (like the chain on a kusarigama) which I am using to represent Lucius's whip.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

15 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

That's a great head, @Slave to Darkness - though, do I really want/need to pay another $40+ kit for one piece for this model?  Probably?  Anyway, its definitely in running along with one of the Chaos Chosen head's and the Sigmarite masked head.  And good suggestion using the rest of Malkarion as a herald of slaanesh.

Have a look on bits sites for the head, I wish I did that before I bought the Chariot just for that head lol