Khorne Havocs

• 2 weeks later...

You can on the table right now in the codex. That might change. Model wise there's no reason Khornate Havocs don't exist and heavy bolter Havocs we're called the Teeth of Khorne during older editions.

5 hours ago, Pirate Empress said:

You can on the table right now in the codex. That might change. Model wise there's no reason Khornate Havocs don't exist and heavy bolter Havocs we're called the Teeth of Khorne during older editions.

I still can't find an official citation for this. The original first edition World Eaters army list describes Devastator squads as "the teeth of the world eaters" but they were 8 man squads with max 2 heavy bolters, 2 missile launchers and 4 bolt guns. The heavy bolters could be swapped for webbers and the missile launchers for multimeltas, lascannon, conversion beamer or plasma cannon.

Lheorvine Urkis in the Black Legion books led a World Eater heavy support warband called the Fifteen Fangs but while that may be a reference its not the same name.

I've always been pro Khornate Havocs but its a simple fact that every WE list with restrictions has banned them.

19 hours ago, Closet Skeleton said:

I've always been pro Khornate Havocs but its a simple fact that every WE list with restrictions has banned them.

Not true; the Chaos Legions book in late 7th edition had rules/restrictions for World Eaters, but could take havocs without a set loadout.

I mean, never mind that that book was only valid for like 5 minutes, but still!

Teeth of Khorne was a fluff thing.

I always wanted to have reversed lascannons with axe blades attached as a modelling project for WE Havocs in a reversed, held by the barrel swing pose. In editions you can have them, have tgem; in editions you can't no conversion necessary.

Which sucks, because Khorne favors martial prowess and killing. A skilled heavy weapons trooper can be both of these.

There is a flavor text in the second edition codex that's describes Khorne heavy weapons troops blasting a bunker.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus, Angron trained the XIIth Legion, regardless of assigned duty, to fight just as hard as any front line troop and carried a melee weapon of some kind whether it was something as simple as a combat blade.