Legion Terran Recruitment During Great Crusade?

Question for the brains trust. At the beginning of the Great Crusade, the Emperor raised all legions to more-or-less minimal combat strength using Terran born recruits, often drawn from a particular region or population on Terra. 

As the Great Crusade went on and legions grew and eventually found Primarchs and homeworlds, it's seems clear that most if not all legions started drawing recruits from wider sources, and at least some of the legions seem to have almost exclusively recruited from their Primarch's homeworld, ie. the Deathguard and Barbarus. 

By the time of the Heresy, the Imperial Fists stationed on Terra would seemingly have been the logical destination for the recruitment pool of Terra, but during the course of the Great Crusade, is there any confirmed information about whether any legions continued to rely on recruits from their original Terran recruitment sources?

I think a few legions kept recruiting from Terra, in Scars one of the main characters is a Terran recruit and was sent to the White Scars instead of the Luna Wolves because the Scars didn't have enough recruits to meet their quota.

For Legions who stopped recruiting from Terra? Raven Guard for sure (Corax really didn't like the Xeric Terrans and the Black Books mention that "Former Terran Central Asiatic Dustfields tithe rights renounced 998.M30 ), I could also see the the Night Lords recruiting only from Nostramo which further accelerates their 'issues'.

Checking the Black Books, the only Legions that is says that hold recruiting rights on Terra are the Dark Angels, Emperor's Children, White Scars, Imperial Fists and Blood Angels.

3 hours ago, bushman101 said:

The Blood Angel's recruited wherever they went, at least early on in the Crusade (see Alister Krohn and pre-Sang lore). 

I suspect that was still true into the Heresy

This seems to be true of all legions - check out John French's story in Cthonia's Reckoning. Essentially it suggests tbe legions recruited "quick marines" in or close to any warzone to replace marines or augment marine detachments, and features Cthonian Imperial Fists as an example of this - something which isn't treated as unusual to the Son of Horus in the story.

So take your pick over what odd originating marines you might imagine :) 

3 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

This seems to be true of all legions - check out John French's story in Cthonia's Reckoning. Essentially it suggests tbe legions recruited "quick marines" in or close to any warzone to replace marines or augment marine detachments, and features Cthonian Imperial Fists as an example of this - something which isn't treated as unusual to the Son of Horus in the story.

The Fists were known to recruits wherever they went. Even in the Black Books, which led to different company customs.

Unusal is, recruiting from another Legions Homeworld.

But fits again with Cthonias closeness to Terra and the need for any Sort of war material in preperation.

8 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

I could be wrong but I think there was a thing that tha DA for a long time pridefully only recruited from Terra, which was one of the reasons why they had problem continuing forward with the same speed as they ones had. 

Here's the listing of legions with Terra under Noteworthy Domains (i.e. where they received initiates and supplies). I'll specify if there where any notes:

• 1 Dark Angels
  • III Emperor's Children (Tertiary rights)
  • V White Scars (Tertiary rights)
  • VII Imperial Fists
  • IX Blood Angels (Terran enclaves)
  • XIX Raven Guard (Former Terran central Asiatic Dustfields tithe rights renounced 998.M30)

Seems like the Dark Angels and Imperial Fists were the only ones regularly recruiting from Terra. I'm not sure what the difference is between Tertiary rights and Terran enclaves.

10 hours ago, Gamiel said:

I could be wrong but I think there was a thing that tha DA for a long time pridefully only recruited from Terra, which was one of the reasons why they had problem continuing forward with the same speed as they ones had. 

By the time Guilliman and Dorn had been found: "Recruitment from outside their ancient enclaves on Terra and a few other worlds [I assume including Gramarye] slowed to but a trickle, with those from outside the traditional recruiting grounds considered less valuable." This was the same time period where the First Legion was throwing itself headlong at the hardest challenges it could find, but it should be noted that the 500 Worlds of Ultramar was the only source of recruits to produce a legion larger than them even with the First restricting their recruiting. Whether that would have stayed that way, no way to say.

Thanks guys, that's some helpful detail I wasn't aware of. Interesting that the White Scars kept recruitment rights, despite being so far flung and disunited before Jhagatai, and then being firmly enmeshed in Chogoris' culture and population.