Upgrading (Master-crafted) power weapon?

Lautrec the Embraced

If a character, let's say a Indomitus Terminator sarge, is equiped with a master-crafted power weapon, how does it affect legion specific weapon upgrade that goes like, I paraphrase, 'Any character with Legiones Astartes [...] that can take a power weapon may instead take [...] weapon'. Can you swap a MC power weapon in that way? (Also possible you can just swap your power fist, it is a 'power' weapon but not certain if it is the power weapon required...)

I'm thinking about swapping that particular power weapon for a chain glaive but the same idea could very well apply to phoenix spears, scythes... I believe the most likely scenario is  a 'no', as a MC [weapon] is not the same as [weapon], besides, what would happen to master-crafted after the upgrade...

On the other hand, with a more lenient approach, it doesn't seem to be such a nefarious breach of rules - you're replacing a better weapon than the one the rules allowed you to. Besides, master-crafted is a USR, right? There isn't I believe a separate weapon entry for 'MC Power sword' , so maybe it should be allowed to be swapped as it is just an augmented power weapon. 

So, wanted to inquire how more well-versed folks would approach this conundrum.

I think this is the same answer as the Twin Linked question further down the HH rules page. 
There is no such thing as a Master Crafted Weapon, there are only weapons with the Master Crafted type. It sounds like semantics, and in a way it is, but a Power Sword is a Power Sword whether it's master crafted or not, just like a Heavy Bolter is still a Heavy Bolter even if it's twin linked. 

Yea, "master crafted power sword" is just shorthand for "power sword that has the master crafted special rule in addition to its other special rules".

It's not a unique sub-weapon, and any rules precedent that differentiated the two was from last edition. 

I'd say go for it, and chalk another one up on the list of "took 5 years of development time" lol.