How to magnetise the plastic Leviathan

Cyrox

Nice one :thumbsup:

There's only one thing in addition to everything you've done there, and that would be to use the already completed drill arm to orientate the magnets for the second arm as this would ensure that both arms could go on either side. As it stands, there is potential to lock the arms to one particular side due to un-matched polarisation.

• 4 weeks later...

Great guides; vis a vis the elbow joint magnets - is there any reason not to assemble and glue the magnets into the elbow pieces before putting them together? 

What I mean is: those pieces come in two halves that are then glued together to create the sort of "inverted U" of the elbow joint piece. Wouldn't it be easier to glue the 6mm magnets into place while they're still in separate pieces? Obviously this would require a bit more bookkeeping to make sure the correct pieces and polarities all go together.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:30 PM, Sothalor said:

Great guides; vis a vis the elbow joint magnets - is there any reason not to assemble and glue the magnets into the elbow pieces before putting them together? 

What I mean is: those pieces come in two halves that are then glued together to create the sort of "inverted U" of the elbow joint piece. Wouldn't it be easier to glue the 6mm magnets into place while they're still in separate pieces? Obviously this would require a bit more bookkeeping to make sure the correct pieces and polarities all go together.

Yeah in hindsight thats probably a better way of doing it, and like you said as long as the polarities are right it shouldn't be an issue.

• 5 months later...

Hi Cyrox. Thanks a lot for the videos. Do you know by any chance, if the plastic arms are fitting a resin leviathan? I magnetized mine between the elbow and shoulder joint and thinking about buying some plastic weapons. 

Screenshot_20230305_120824_com.android.chrome_edit_82129913739550.jpg

There is space in the top of the plastic elbow for a magnet (see below pic), but its fairly shallow so you might be able to see the magnet once you add it to both the plastic elbow and the shoulder on the resin one? I don;t have a resin Leviathan now so I can't compare it sorry.

The max thickness you would be able to use is 1mm - i think you can get 0.5mm thick magnets, but I don'y know how powerful they are?

magnet.PNG

Thank you for the info! The thickness isn't a huge problem. I would first glue it together with the elbow part and then drill the magnet hole. Just from looking at the video I would guess plastic has the same dimensions, but we all know GW :biggrin: