Relic Terminator Loadout in tge AoC era

I have a 10 man unit with:

• 3× Lightning Claw

• 3× Power fist

• 2× Reaper Autocannon and Lightning Claw. Grenade Harness goes here depending on points.

• 1× Chainfist

• Sergeant with Plasma Blaster. (Often Mastercrafted)

I must admit I built them pre-Armour of Contempt and would likely have put Power Fists on the Autocannons had I known beforehand. As it was I was making do and dropping as much points as possible.

I also have a spare Chainfist Sergeant for swapping in.

2 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Combi-bolter and Lightning Claw on all of them.

For Power Fists, I would just use regular Terminators.

I agree. The appeal of Relic Termies is cheap bodies for leveraging AoC. Regular Termies are actually 1 point cheaper per model for SB/PF. The shooty upgrades are pretty cheap so 5 points for the extra firepower of a Reaper autocannon is probably a decent investment.

1 minute ago, Black Blow Fly said:

I go all chainfists. The plasma blaster and grenade harness are both appealing to me.

Regular Terminators can go all Chainfist for 1ppm cheaper. I guess the plasma blaster is quite nice but all CFs doesn't really seem to take advantage of the platform compared to regular terminators.

2 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Regular Terminators can go all Chainfist for 1ppm cheaper. I guess the plasma blaster is quite nice but all CFs doesn't really seem to take advantage of the platform compared to regular terminators.

Yep. Aside from looking cool, Relic Terminators should do something the other kinds of Terminators do not. Which for me is the cheap shooty/combat combo of Combi-bolters and Lightning Claws.

Mine are Iron Hands who have so many dirty tricks it would make Sanguinius blush. They can hit on 2+ with rerolls and exploding wounds… they can and do shred everything. Lighting claw with 1D and AP2 is clearly inferior choice.

Edited by Black Blow Fly

I've run a full 10-man ordinary terminator squad with 4xCF, 5xPF, 2xCML (as that is how they are built) with teleport homer. If I go first, MOA them into opponents face with apothecary. If I go second, put them behind LOS blocking terrain, then bring them down turn 2. Boy do they do work! The CMLs are worth the points :)

Edit to add: I just wish terminators could take combi-weapons without being space wolves. That'd be amazing. 

Edited by XeonDragon