Looking for a good all-around 2K GK list ....

Helias_Tancred

Is there any unit that particularly interests you?  Also, what's your meta look like?  That helps with Nemesis weapon choices.

Usual all rounder armies start with a Librarian, GMNDK, and third flex HQ depending on your needs for the list but include, Draigo, Techmarine or Crowe. I think you can push 2 HQs now because some Dominus powers aren't necessary due to AOC (like Sanctuary) or if you don't want to pursue Divination, etc. Battalion with 3 strike squads and 15-20 interceptors.  People don't use terminators unless they want to build around the Preservers brotherhood abilities.  Paladins are good, 5 with armored resilience at a minimum.  You can go two large blocks of 8-9 to take the board with Draigo, etc.  I think there's some more options in the semi-casual front.

Competitive you see: 4 NDK + interceptors or possibly 4 NDK + Paladins. 

Interestingly enough some different, varied lists popped up and went 5-0 and 4-1 in some recent tournaments:

The 5-0 List:

Brotherhood: Prescient Brethren

+ HQ +

Brotherhood Champion [4 PL, 70pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, Brotherhood Psyker Power, Frag & Krak grenades, Iron Halo, Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter

Brotherhood Techmarine [4 PL, 80pts, -1CP]: 5: Warp Shaping, Boltgun, Brotherhood Psyker Power, Divination, Frag & Krak grenades, Omnissian Power Axe, Shield of Humanity

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 235pts]: 2: Empyric Amplification, 3: Unyielding Anvil, 4: Vortex of Doom, Brotherhood Psyker Power, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Grand Master Chapter, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Servant of the Throne, Sigil of Exigence, Warlord

+ Troops +

Strike Squad: 5 swords

+ Elites +

Paladin Squad:  9 swords

Servitors: 4x Servitor:

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad [8 PL, 130pts]: 5 swords

Interceptor Squad [8 PL, 130pts]: 5 swords

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight:  Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon

Purgation Squad:  4x Psycannon

Purgation Squad:  4x Psycannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino 

Rhino

The 4-1 List was an all infantry take:

Brotherhood: Rapiers

+ HQ +

Brotherhood Librarian [7 PL, 120pts]: 2: Empyric Amplification, 4: Vortex of Doom, Gem of Inoktu

. Nemesis Force Sword

. Storm Bolter

Kaldor Draigo [9 PL, 180pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, 3: Sanctuary

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Brotherhood Apothecary

Paladin Squad: 10 swords

Paladin Squad: 3 swords

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad: 10 swords

Interceptor Squad: 10 halberds

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino 

I think you have some options depending on your interests.

Edited by Brother Quinn

My meta is a fairly casual group running: Black Templars (less casual and more competitive he is), Eldar & Necrons (very casual), Dark Angels (newbie), and a very good player that runs Custodes, Thousand Sons, and Nurgle Daemons. 

Thank you for those list ideas I like both.

As for Grey Knight characters, I'm a fan of Draigo, Crowe, and I kinda want to make my own Brotherhood Captain too. I agree with tech marines being very useful for GK. Seems like a Chaplain in terminator armor is popular for GK too? I like Voldus, but his face looks goofy on his miniature IMO. lol.

Edited by Helias Tancred

You may want to lean more swords but still have halberds in your list looking at your meta, other words a healthy mix depending on squad type.

Draigo is great, he gets 3 casts and is a beat stick so he's not a bad choice.  Crowe is great for Purifying flame and the fight on death is great to nuke a character.  Voldus, you can always slap a spare terminator helmet on him; however, his other problems are he's two cast like draigo, brotherhood locks you to wardmakers and prevents you taking a GM in NDK, if you wanted that.  GK Chaplain is good for words of power; however, it's not reliable because it goes off on a 3+ or you have to spend 2 CP for the auto pass which is pretty rough, but great when it works.

If you want a brotherhood captain you might want to lean more into one of the brotherhoods that will make use of <Brotherhood> CORE since he won't buff any of the HONORED KNIGHTS such as paladins/purifiers.

You said looking for semi-casual so Preservers Battalion may be a good place to start:

HQ:

Brotherhood Librarian: Purifying Flame, Vortex of Doom, Psychic Epitome (105, Warlord, -1 CP)

Kaldor Draigo: Gate of Infinity, Empyric Amplification, Sanctuary (180)

Troops:

Terminator Squad: 10 Terminators, 1 Hammer, 2 Halberds, 7 Swords (mix as you wish) (410)

Terminator Squad: 5 Terminators, 5 swords (200)

Strike Squad: 5 Swords (110)

Elite:

Brotherhood Apothecary: Gate of Infinity, Shield of Humanity: Unyielding Anvil (100, -1 CP)

Fast Attack:

Interceptor Squad: 5 Swords (130)

Interceptor Squad: 5 Halberds (130)

Interceptor Squad: 5 Halberds (130)

I only listed about 1495/2000 points for this list as you can decide how you want to finish it based on your interests.  This preservers list gives the 10 terminators a 5+++ with the Brotherhood blessing and being within 3" of the Apothecary (and double obsec from unyielding which is pretty strong).  The librarian is always a good mortal wound bomb and Draigo is there for his casts, re-rolls and beatstick status.  Mixed in swords and halberds so you can hold some squads back to hold objectives and send others with appropriate weapons into the opponent you're facing.  AOC use swords, otherwise halberds, etc.

Brotherhood captain is good if you want more infantry; otherwise, the power pick is a GMNDK and 2 NDKs as shooting platforms.

Edited by Brother Quinn

• 2 weeks later...