TYPE

S

AP

D

ABILITIES

Ryza pattern Aquittal Bolt pistol

18”

Pistol 1

Each time an attack is made with this weapon against an INFANTRY unit, that attack always wounds on an unmodified wound roll of 2+

If a hit is scored with this weapon, the target unit is felled until the end of the turn in addition to any normal damage. Each time a melee attack is made against a unit that is felled, add 1 to that attack’s hit roll.

Heaven’s Teeth

Melee

Melee

+1

-

ABILITIES

Sanguinary High Priest: At the end of your Movement phase, roll one D6: on a 5+ this model regains 1 Wound. Wounds regained with this ability cannot exceed the model’s original Wound characteristic. In addition, this model can then use its Combat Restoratives ability twice instead of once.

Heavn's teeth should be at minimum 2 damage. And he really just needs to cross the Rubicon and be primaris since his sculpt is 20 years old now.

The red grail should offer a 6" bubble 6+++ and be able to increase all 6+++ by 1 to a maximum of "x"

He needs to be enticing enough to want to take over a Sang priest with Jump pack.

I think GW should bite the bullet and upscale/Primarisify everything now, (but I think Corbulo is one of the few old models that still stands up well)

Heaven's Teeth D2, yes. It feels weird having a D2 chainsword, but I guess he is a named character and it's probably not as OP as I think.

Having an aura that increases 6+++ is interesting and synergises with on-foot troops too, especially Death Company Intercessors. Actually, maybe that could be his thing? A Death Company apothecary... somehow?

The elephant in the room with Corbulo is the lack of a jump pack, but I'm honestly not sure he should have one. Maybe if he was an Elite choice to essentially replace the Primaris Apothecary in a BA force? Slapping a JP on him seems obvious, but when the JP Sanguinary Priest exists, it seems excessive, because then makes one of them superfluous again. IDK.

whilst i would also like corbs to cross the rubicon, his model is an example of one of the ones where I just don't think the replacement will look as good, even if I prefer the newer scale and proportions. Corbs has a wonderfully detailed head and really nice details to his armour. We'll see though.

Rule-wise, honestly he's pertty good as is, just getting +1 W and +1 A from being primaris and making heavens teeth D2 would be enough to make me happy rule wise.

I think a lot of his issue is that stock chief apocs can get selfless healer. A quick fix is just replace his warlord trait with that. The gift or foresight was a weird one anyway - he has "the primarch's far seeing eye" however that seems to have turned into matrix like precog abilities through poor writing. 

As CHIEF APOTHECARY he should have the use combat restoratives twice written on his profile as it's not immediately obvious. 

Boost Heaven's teeth to "each time an attack is made with this weapon, roll 2 dice instead of one" and leave it at S5 AP-2 1D as a nice counterpart to the teeth of terra.

After those changes (even the teeth one isn't necessary) I think he's a decent support for a midfield bully like terms or bladeguard, and probably ok at 115pts. 

@Wugo_Heaving - the main change I see there is to add a slightly better bolt pistol to Corbs - personally, pistols rarely get fired, and all relic pistols are pretty much not worth the paper they're printed on, so this isn't the best way to boost him. Maybe consider what the unit is supposed to do (heal and boost red thirst), ask why they're not doing what they're supposed to (slow, no access to selfless healer) and then fix that issue. I've never seen the complaint that corbs needs a stronger shooting attack :happy: