Odd Troop Opinions

Angron

The local store is starting an escalation league. 500/750/1000...etc.  With 2+ Troops required the first 2 months and increasing from there. I was wondering thoughts about heavy intercessors with the invulnerable save oath, codex not infront of me. (uphold the honor of the emperor?). Their purpose is to hold which ever objective is closest to my deploment zone. 

I played them in a tourneament not long ago. Their main problem is movement and Army of content hardhitters. But with crux obsidian and 5+++ litany they are insane ( and CotF Strat).

But then you really need hardhitters

Edited by Medjugorje

I’ve used heavy intercessors in all my games with Templars, about 4-5 so far. Two units of 5 all armed with the hellstorm rifles. I have not been disappointed with them at all. They do everything they’re supposed to. I like having mobility options and closing distance, so the assault variant is my preference. They are decent fighters against soft targets, despite no upgrade options. 3 wounds with armor of contempt is also just what’s up this edition for me, no surprise there.