Transfers damaged by varnish?

So, I sealed a Rhino and a Contemptor earlier. Both had transfers. The Contemptor ones came out fine. But there's little flecks of damage on the Rhino ones. It looks almost like bubbles popped under the transfer or something. I don't mind the effect this time but I would like to avoid it in the future if I can. Any thoughts? I used micro set and micro Sol but they were dry. I sealed with Munitorum Varnish. Screenshot_20220805-124417_Photos.thumb.jpg.772dee3006879ea9c9a2513f7efbe79c.jpg

I varnished them next to each other so whichever got hit first was only seconds ahead of the other. How long does micro sol take to dry completely? It had been an hour or more bit I guess I didn't touch it to check or anything.

10 minutes ago, Nemesor Tyriks said:

I varnished them next to each other so whichever got hit first was only seconds ahead of the other. How long does micro sol take to dry completely? It had been an hour or more bit I guess I didn't touch it to check or anything.

OK purely anecdotal I have had Sol reactivate after using Set, time scale might be about the same so its possible thats what happens.

I am in no way saying thats what happened I can only give you my opinion based on my experience.

I use my airbrush for varnishing and use Ammo Mig Lucky Varnish, I tend to let transfers sit for a while as I varnish in batches. So with me participating in 12 Months of Hobby I will paint my months stuff, transfers then bases and do them at the end.

I suppose the only real advice I can offer is maybe just wait some more hours or even a day.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

To me it sounds like you need to give it more time before varnishing. If it was something like a day later, I'd think it might be something else, but that there was still some there is almost certainly what was going on if it had only been an hour or two.

That it only happened to one could vary based on how much you applied, or that the rhino has a flat panel vs the round one of the dreadnought.