Units disembarking from a Dreadclaw or Kharybdis

Bolt Slinger
Go to solution Solved by SkimaskMohawk,

So do units disembarking from a Dreadclaw or Kharbybdis count as coming from reserve?

Since these pods don't have the Impact-reactive doors, the units can disembark in the movement phase.

Will this still count towards coming from reserves? 

Just asking for my Leviathan friend, who doesn't like to get shot by everyone carrying Augury Scanners :)

• Solution

Units in transports that are in reserve are also in reserve themselves.

1708834549_Screenshot_20220807-0933372.png.babb3d1debbbc01d7d8954b75b7fb880.png

And the trigger for interceptor is simply entering play from reserves within los and weapons range.

425180622_Screenshot_20220807-0933373.png.9b1eabcf87121bcd5e388377d7967409.png

So yes, disembarking from whatever transport came in from reserve qualifies you for interceptor.

On 8/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, AK-47 said:

That's to bad :( in that case I don't see me fielding my Dreadclaws anytime soon.

Thanks

I don't know if this will help you, but having 3 built and painted for my Raven Guard collection, I'm looking at using them in Angel's Wrath.

Being able to avoid having to Deep Strike (and resultant mishaps), but still getting on the board turn 1 seems workable, to me? The disappointing thing is the Anvillus losing Assault Vehicle, so I'm looking at them as a means of putting Breachers on objectives.

On 8/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, AK-47 said:

That's to bad :( in that case I don't see me fielding my Dreadclaws anytime soon.

Thanks

I wouldn't let that stop you from attempting that tactic. There's plenty of ways to attempt to counter interceptor, such as bringing sniper units to snipe the augury scanners or just pinning/killing the units you're afraid of

On 8/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, AK-47 said:

Thanks

Dreadclaws are Flyers that CAN deepstrike if you want them to.  Nice to have options for them.  And even if you do deepstrike them, you don't have to bring the passengers out if you don't want to either.  They can be protected whilst the Dreadclaw gets shot at....which I'm not sure but seems like it could Deepstrike and come in Zooming anyways?  Then it would only be taking enemy Snap Shots in that case (except for the Helical Targeting Arrays, etc, though that is another debate in a different thread :D   ).

On 8/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, TheNineteenth said:

I don't know if this will help you, but having 3 built and painted for my Raven Guard collection, I'm looking at using them in Angel's Wrath.

Being able to avoid having to Deep Strike (and resultant mishaps), but still getting on the board turn 1 seems workable, to me? The disappointing thing is the Anvillus losing Assault Vehicle, so I'm looking at them as a means of putting Breachers on objectives.

Yeah, gotta take the Kharybdis now for Assaulting antics.  Angel's Wrath seems pretty awesome.  I am going to try that with my Iron Warriors.