Question regarding Havocs

Due to the Zerkie show today, I fully plan on getting them but while I wait I want to paint some Havocs in World Eaters colours (I have had an obsession with Khorne Havocs for years).

Well to that end and the point of my topic.

The Havoc set comes with 2 Autocannons I plan on 4, are the bodies all able to use Autocannons or have they been designed in a particular way that limits the gun vs body used?

I believe any model can technically accept any guns, but the issue is with the posing. It might look "weird" for a few of them, but I've found in general with the new CSM kits that some cutting and reposing goes a long way. That being said, I'm also okay with gaps created by his process because they're not noticeable at a distance on the tabletop.

The cabling and backpacks might be an issue.

One workaround I used is for a unit of missile havocs. I built 2 from the havoc kit, then built the remaining 2 using the missile launchers from the CSM Legionary/Chaos Space Marines kit. Some care with posing and gluing seemed to make them work.

See the 2 on the right:

80848504-CB18-4189-873C-415E6B627D94.jpeg

I mention this because the Legionary kit also comes with an autocannon, and so does the Shadowspear set (a unique one, at that).

Edited by Khornestar

The Havocs are designed so that two models carry on-the-shoulder weapons (Las & missile) and two carry low-slung weapons (RCC, autocannon, heavy bolters).  If you're using everything just straight out of the box, you'll need two boxes to makes one all-autocannon unit.

29 minutes ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

The Havocs are designed so that two models carry on-the-shoulder weapons (Las & missile) and two carry low-slung weapons (RCC, autocannon, heavy bolters).  If you're using everything just straight out of the box, you'll need two boxes to makes one all-autocannon unit.

Yeah I am thinking I need 2 boxes anyway...

I get that Khorne Havocs might go the way of the Dodo... But Bunny Ears and Big guns are just something I have to do. :).

Not sure what my 2nd set will be I do love Heavy bolters and Chain Cannons.