=][= Bolter & Chainsword Clubs =][=

Brother Tyler

One of the nifty new features we have is Clubs.

Clubs allow members to come together over something they share in common - a project, geographical location, etc.

Clubs can include a number of features, including discussion forums, calendars, galleries, files, etc.

We currently have clubs for a number of special projects (The Chronicles of Saint Katherine's Aegis, Brotherhood of the Lost), one gaming club (Warhammer Mt Gravatt Championship Store in Brisbane), one special club (League of Votann Grudges Club - I'm not sure if this one will be kept), and clubs for each of the continents (minus Antarctica).

We're still figuring out how to use clubs, so we're going to be a little hands off for now while everyone experiments:

• Special projects are easy candidates for clubs, allowing members to work on their project via a discussion forum, establish timelines via a calendar, share images, share files, etc.
  • Gaming clubs are also candidates for clubs. Such clubs could be localized in a specific store, and it doesn't have to be a GW store. Gaming clubs aren't limited to games set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, but content related to non-WH40K setting games will be very limited (e.g., it's okay to list, say, an Infinity event on your calendar, but discussions, images, and files for Infinity aren't allowed).
  • The geographical clubs are intended to help narrow things down a bit. The existing clubs are probably temporary - transitional from our community forums into clubs. We may have to narrow some down a bit. For example, the majority of our members reside in the U.S. or U.K., so we might break those countries out from their respective continents, and may have to break one or both down further into regions/areas.

There are some limitations, however:

• Content must remain within the limits of the site.
  • Clubs should not duplicate things that can be executed within the existing forum structure (this is why the League of Votann Grudges Club might not survive as a club, instead transitioning to a discussion topic in the Leagues of Votann forum).

Clubs won't be allowed as fan/anti-fan clubs. So you can't create an "I hate Primaris" fan club or a "Magnus Did Nothing Wrong" club or things like that. Such issues are already covered adequately in the respective (sub-)faction forums.

If you have an idea for a club, feel free to create the club. All clubs must be approved by an Admin, however, to ensure that our requirements (which are still in development) are met. Your club should include a description that gives the Admins an idea of what you're trying to achieve with the club, but you'll be contacted by an Admin if there are any questions as to the club's suitability. In addition, regardless of the settings, all Admins and Mods have full permissions in all clubs so that we can ensure that they remain compliant with the forum rules.

We are currently in an experimentation phase. We'll tighten things down as a result of the experimentation. Clubs offer a lot of potential for community engagement and interaction, though, so we want to figure out how we can maximize their positive impact on the site and the community.

I've petitioned for a club dedicated to The Battles for Armageddon, which I hope is the right sort of thing: too big and wide-ranging for a single topic, and with potential for lots of models, lore and discussion. 

Hoping to see some contribution from members of the Ork, Guard and various Space Marine subforums – plus of course the upcoming World Eaters and Daemons. Also anyone with fond memories of the old world-wide campaigns.

+++Edit+++

...and we're up! Here's the link.

I've started populating it with my orks, Imperial Guard and Blood Angels – but it's not a club 'til we get some other contributions :)
Still trying to work out how to get a discussion area going, but that's the plan for the next stage.

Edited by apologist