Cubicle 7: Imperium Maledictum (Dark Heresy 3.0?)

A little bird told me about this, but I put in a requisition for a Psychic Hood...

With thanks to @Xin Ceithan

Announcing Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Maledictum! – Cubicle 7 (cubicle7games.com)

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I never drink the stuff - have you seen what it will do to your toilet? :tongue:

Anyway, I think that's a fairly reasonable assessment - I'd even go so far as to say that W&G feels like a repeat of Inquisitor, as that it's an action-RPG.

Be interesting to see what they come out with. The Macharian stuff is a decent sector of space to lose yourself in, albeit a canon sector. All the other pockets of murder were out of the way enough to let you cut whosoever's throat you please.

We'll see what happens with it.

It's a matter of personal preference - some people really like the d100 mechanic - some folks really like the dice pool mechanic.

C7 talked to folks at GenCon and reassured everyone that they would be supporting both systems going forward.

I see more material as a good thing regardless of system. I can mod easily from one to the other.

• 3 months later...

FYI there was an interview on BeastsofWar/OnTableTop with one of the Designers recently: 

https://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/imperium-maledictum-cubicle-7s-new-warhammer-40k-rpg-designer-interview/

So, it looks like it‘s  very much inspired by DH and indeed  first major supplement will focus on the Inquisition but it‘s not the  default set up per se covered inter core book. 

More squishy / low  level set up, pcs are working for a patron ( rogue trader, Inquisitor, Magos, etc) that a group can compose with the GM first then pcs come in as „deniable / disposable“ assets.
They also confirm that it is set in the modern / close to current  days of 40K and the default setting is one of the sectors that was liberated during the Macharian Crusade so focus is on stories is on inner / inside Imperium in the core book factionwise.

Does look like fun…

(though I looks to me like the near future of PBP is more street level grimdark as opposed to the potentially more „heroic scale“  of Wrath and Glory given how dominant d100 games seem to bearlund here :laugh:

• 3 months later...