Nearly_Unfinished's Imperium Magazine WIP. The Helion Legion Reborn!

Hello B&C, 

It's been a long while (about 5-6 years) since I last made a post/comment on this forum and felt it was time for me to get back to the swing of things.

As you may have guessed from the title I wish to start a new WIP thread detailing my progress on the Warhammer Imperium Magazine collection which was recently released in the Land of Oz. While I will be focusing on mainly the Imperial side of this collection, will be sure to post some Necrons/Terrain WIP when I can to give this thread more interest.

Now onto what I've been up to. So far I am currently up to issue 5 of this collection and I've made a good start already with the first few models already built and painted.

Starting with issue 1's Bladeguard Lieutenant Varo Caspian of the Helion Legion!20220807_171310.thumb.jpg.1b6845ca394e62a9e4e3dd7f79854a9e.jpg

20220807_171610.thumb.jpg.a8d4d6c6096adbdf91668a10320ca4bb.jpg

When I started posting on B&C all those years ago I set out on a goal to bring out of obscurity a chapter called the "Helion Legion" which was once found in the pages of a September 2004's issue of AUS White Dwarf magazine. Years of research, hobby and a bit of fan fiction eventually managed to give them a wiki page on the Warhammer 40k wikipedia (https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Helion_Legion) which to date is my greatest hobby accomplishment.

Jump to today and now I intend to not only continue my project but expand on its lore and legacy. Firstly to make Primaris officially part of the chapter! I'll post more about the chapter, the project and of course more models as time goes on but for now I'll leave it at this.

Hope you enjoy what is to come.

EDIT: Thread title updated to my.new display name. (Formerly Empurata)

Edited by Nearly_Unfinished