Primaris.....to wolf up or not?

Keifer0999

Who makes Primaris marines? The actual chapter? Or are they supplied to the chapter grown ( from the chapter geneseed?)

I've got a ton of marines I want to just build and get off the sprues. MOst of the regular marines I can wolf up, but the Primaris guys do not have a lot of options....are they ok as is? 

I believe the first batch were recruited, grown and trained and then gifted to each Chapter - don't think they came from the original Chapters' geneseed (obviously the Wolves we not happy about the gift to start with, but the plucky Primaris won them over, etc, etc.), then the Chapter is given the tools to make their own.

On your second question do you mean from a rules point of view or just can you add wolf bits and bobs to Primaris Marines, if the later then sure, I do it all the time, my Primaris are wolfed-up to the eye-balls. Scale is  not an issue using First-Born wolf bits on Primaris (hand, heads, wolf tails are all fine, bodies, legs and arms don't match).

If it's the rules, then someone else can pitch in as I only do the building/painting side of things.

sbarnby71 is spot on. Each Chapter that got Primaris reinforcements got a batch of warriors from the Unnumbered Sons as well as the tech to make their own. The Wolves were initially quite resistant to receiving Primaris reinforcements. Bjorn Fellhanded in particular was resentful about accepting help from Guilliman "The Legion-breaker". But the Wolves had suffered heavy casualties at Cadia and during Magnus's invasion of the Fenris system so Grimnar eventually accepted the Primaris.

From a modelling point of view, it is entirely up to you how much you wish to wolf-up your Primaris squads. I have some Intercessor squads that I have decorated lightly to represent recent arrivals to the Chapter who are still learning their heritage. Then I have some Bladeguard that are more liberally decorated representing veterans who have fully taken their place as sons of Russ.

gallery_82363_15236_435245.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_99713.jpg

While the Wolves are known for their bling, do many of GW's official pics of large armies of them have lots of figures that are just the standard marine with the SW colours and some bling for some of them.

I would suggest getting the SW primaris uppgrade kit and a box of Blood Claws/Grey Hunters and spread out the bits. (Don't get the firstborn SW upgrade kit if you can get the Blood Claws/Grey Hunters becouse the later have everything that firstborn upgrade kit has). You don't also need to go to far with your kitbashing, while some likes to relly SW-ify Bladeguard and similar do you really only need to ad some bits for them, or just hae them in SW colours. In WD#469 is there a unmodded Bladeguard that feels SW just with the use of colours and symbols.

Edited by Gamiel
Spelling

Lore wise being is fine and encouraged but technically not required to be space wolves, but as now the chapter is making yheir own and the others have integrated onto the chapter I would think most should have some sort of being these days. 

My personal rule for Primaris is 1-2 bits of bling  on basic marines and more on Sergeants and Veteran units.