Actors you wish would appear in 40K media

Evil Eye

Simple question- who are some actors or actresses you'd love to see appear in a 40K media project, be it an audiobook, film (animated or liveaction) or video game? Don't even have to be alive- if there's any actors who have joined the Emperor's side you wish had gotten the opportunity, list them!

Myself I REALLY wish Tony Jay were still with us. He performed many roles, including the weird ancient entity in the Legacy of Kain games and also Megabyte in Reboot (the first ever CGI cartoon for TV), so I doubt he'd have problems doing a 40K job. Alas he passed away in 2006, but his performance in The Hunchback of Notre Dame as Judge Claude Frollo was incredible- I'm not even a fan of Disney songs on the whole, but "Hellfire" makes me almost want a 40K musical.

On a more, well, alive note, David Kaye would make a fantastic Chaos Lord. Seriously, run his Beast Wars Megatron voice through a processor and you have a delightful power-armoured villain, yesssss. Same with Corey Burton (voice of Shockwave in G1, and a lot of the cast- but most notably the best damn Megatron ever- in Transformers Animated), though I'd maybe say he'd work better as an Inquisitor?

As for women I'm actually not entirely sure as I'm not so familiar with English-speaking actresses. I could go on at length about Megumi Hayashibara (AKA "I can literally voice anyone: The Woman") or Kotono Mitsuishi (whose motor mouth is so amazing that a woman dubbing over her voice suffered a vocal injury trying to keep up), but obviously that's not so great for 40K. That said, Venus Terzo's Blackarachnia voice would make a great Daemon voice with some processing, and Kira Buckland did such a good job as 2B in Nier: Automata I reckon she'd be VERY good as, say, a Sister of Battle.

Henry Cavill is the predicable answer. But I'm not sure who he should play. A primarch probably... possibly Robuitte guilliman. Looking at google images he would probably pull of the blonde look well.

A young Lawrence Fishburne would fit well in 40k with his style of acting, but then he kinda already is in 40k with Event Horizon. GW should just buy the rights to Event Horizon tbh and call it part of the cinematic universe. Building a solid set of films for a foundation of any cinematic universe is very hard, buying Event Horizon would be a cheat code toward achieving that.

I'd like to see Baldemort from youtube involved with Warhammer Plus animation in some way. Tyranids are probably the hardest faction to do an animation about as they don't have any characters, but a nature documentary animation of the Tyranid life cycle with Baldemort narrating like David Attenborough would be some platinum tier content.

Jason Momoa and Dave Bautista would make great primarchs, or any Space Marine really.

There's been I think three different voice actors for Trazyn the Infinite, audiobooks and in game cinematics, but by far the best was the voice actor who did Trazyn in the Hammer and Bolter episode: Artefacts. He nailed it. I could watch a whole show with Trazyn with that voice actor, animated or live action.

I'd like to see Jonathon Majors somewhere, maybe Vulkan, although I can't imagine him without hair lol

Tom Sturridge who recently appeared in Sandman would probably make a good Corvus Corax.

Maybe Adam Driver as Konrad Kurze lmao

And lastly Clive Standen as Titus... I kinda think they picked him in part not just because of his VA, but because of how he looks and his height, so if space marines ever came to film, Clive Standen could act as Titus too.

Edited by twiglets

John Nolan as Erasmus Crowl in a live-action adaptation of the Vaults of Terra series.

Specifically, watch him as Greer in Person of Interest and tell me that's not an aged, ragged Inquisitor who is nevertheless utterly terrifying, menacing, and possessed of indomitable will.

I also think you could take Olivia Thirlby straight out of her role as Anderson in the 2012 Dredd film and she would be 1 for 1 Luce Spinoza.

For that matter, Karl Urban would make a great Revus - or, well, any badass trooper type. I've never seen The Boys, but I've seen pics of Urban in that role. He's a dead ringer for recent artwork of Mkoll from Gaunt's Ghosts looking like that.

Oh, and Alan Ritchson in Reacher form is definitely a Space Marine.

Dredd was an absolutely fantastic film, so 100% agreed with that! In fact I'd love that creative team to do a 40K adaptation.

4 hours ago, AlexAbroad said:

Sean Bean as a perpetual. 

I won't lie, a Blackadder-style comedy in the 41st millennium I would 100% watch, especially if they threw in a gag like that. Heck, an actual crossover would be amazing. "Blackadder 40,000: In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There are Only Cunning Plans". Bonus points if Baldrick turns out to be the literal avatar of Tzeentch; his plots are so complex, multi-layered and intricate that they loop right back round from eldritch genius into basic idiocy.

(Tony Robinson would be a good choice for Jurgen in a Ciaphas Cain adaptation in all honesty, jokes aside!)

It’s maybe not the most refined choice (as I quite like the casting they did for Trazyn in the one clip I’ve seen of ‘moments. I collect them’) but John de Lancie as Trazyn the Infinite has infinite possibilities for trolling purposes. He already plays chaotic/antagonistic characters in so many different media (Q, Alarak, Col. Simmons, etc etc) and I’d love to hear the hyperscroll message he sent to Inquisitor Helynna Valeria in his voice. 

might be a bit of a meme, but for Trazyn honestly I think it works. 

Also: just give me Shohreh Aghdashloo as a perpetually-ticked-off, forced-to-suffer-the-incompetence-of-fools Imperial Navy Admiral. Loved her work in The Expanse and Star Trek: Beyond and need more of her in sci-fi.

honestly Id join in on John de lancie in a live action series even. I think he could be a perfect out of the box inquisitor. (and I think he isnt necessary as meme/comical as his q role makes him.)

Linus Roache and Stephen dillane as a duo of inquisitors that are the lead roles. John de lancie as an old rather radical mentor of one or both of them. They can all balance the line between villaneous/noble  untrustable/charming etc. that 40k humans would require.

Ive always thought Angela Sarafyan would be perfect for a 40k setting, there is something about her.. too voluptuous for an eldar even though she has the right vibe imho.

and robert carlyle is always welcome in a setting where you want untrustable heroes and likeable villains

Pretty much the entire English Dub VA Cast of GitS: SAC section 9. It's pretty much an inquisitorial team in the series lead by a Callidus assassin. Barring that at least Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (The Major) as an inquisitor or battle sister

Ooh, for VA work - Alix Wilton Regan would make a great Inquisitor (she already did play an Inquisitor in Dragon Age: Inquisition) - she can do a great authoritative snooty Brit voice.

Enthusiasts may also recognize her as Traynor from Mass Effect 3 and Kerillian in the Vermintide games.

Great range, lovely voice. Would fit well for certain 40k character archetypes.

Any actor can be used for voice work if GW animates its shows + films. I am really not sold on live action work using the IP at this point, just with the general conduct of these "creatives" and "subverting expectations" etc that are a blight in other large IP's. Expecting live action when the animations are poorly done will only damage the IP of GW further. GW needs a solid animation rep before even asking whether they should do any live action film or show. 

• Jeremy Irons as the xenos inquisitor
  • Jeffrey Combs as the genestealer cult demagogue 
  • Terry Crews as the conscripted guard sgt with the sidekick sense of humor
  • Justin Timberlake as the random PDF trooper that “pulls a Wilhelm” early in the movie
  • Cillian Murphy as the planetary governor with a hidden agenda

… and Peter Weller as the voice of future Cillian

Amy Schumer as a Callidus Assassin, Kevin Heart as Guilliman (the screams of fear would make the character so much more enjoyable), Doug Bradley as a Slaneshii marine, Jason Momoa as a Khorne marine, and if she doesnt get the role as the Assassin Amy Schumer as a Nurgle follower.  Morgan Freeman to narrate. 

26 minutes ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Amy Schumer as a Callidus Assassin, Kevin Heart as Guilliman (the screams of fear would make the character so much more enjoyable), Doug Bradley as a Slaneshii marine, Jason Momoa as a Khorne marine, and if she doesnt get the role as the Assassin Amy Schumer as a Nurgle follower.  Morgan Freeman to narrate. 

I'm not sure there's a creature horrific enough to be played by Amy Schumer...

52 minutes ago, Evil Eye said:

I'm not sure there's a creature horrific enough to be played by Amy Schumer...

Great Unclean One. They are virtually the same, instead of the giant bell shes just swinging about the same tired old lame ass jokes she always tells. 

When they were in their prime Id have gone for Ingrid Pitt as a Canoness, Britt Ekland as another battle sister (no naked dancing against the wall though, and no butt stunt doubles, i know you cheated us in the Wicker Man), Mia Farrow as a new recruit for the sisterhood (her meek personality in Rosemarys Baby would be perfect for someone whos just been inducted into the sisterhood and is first hand seeing the horrors of the wider imperium) and Audrey Hepburn just because she was a total knockout back in the day. Gina Carano would make a good Guardswoman, she vould put her MMA training to good use for some kick ass combat scenes. 

If its Ash Wastes related I wanna see Mel Gibson play an ex enforcer whos lost his family and has taken to riding the dusty highways of the Wasteland being badass, if not Mel I guess Id settle for Tom Hardy, he did an ok job in another film with cars in. :laugh:

Still dont see the appeal of Henry Cavill , only passable film I have seen him in was Hellraiser Hellworld with Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha in Vikings) and Doug Bradley carried that film (like he did all of them past the third). If we could find a role for Henrys jawline though Id be cool with that, trophy on Jason Momoa's power armour maybe? 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

48 minutes ago, Helias Tancred said:

THE most genius idea in this entire thread! lol ... I'm imagining the skin synth suit and .... lmao.

Scarlet's sister, let her have a chance to shine for once.

As for the Callidus, now think of Amy Schumer wearing that, see if it has the same effect. Actually for the lols I wanna see  Dwayne Johnson as a Callidus, Id probably die laughing. 

Gotta get Chris Pratt in there somewhere just because hes such a nice guy and stick in the Hemsworth brothers as well as a bit of eye candy for the ladies whilst we force them to watch warhammer content.

Also dig up and reanimate Pete Steel (Singer/Bassist from Type O Negative) as Kurze, he was already roughly the same damn height as him anyway. Or that dude who I cant remember the name of for the life of me, looks like Glen Danzig, was in some tv show from america and hes used in a fair few gifs and memes. 

++EDIT++

Tommy Wiseau from 'The Room'!! Thats the guy I was thinking about. Just found out he cant act, so no different to a lot of famous actors these days. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Assuming just as voice actors, I'd cast the following:

• Kevin Grevioux (Raze from Underworld) as a Space Marine. His voice is perfect.
  • Charlize Theron as a Sister of Battle
  • Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as above (good call Focslain!)
  • Scott McNeill because...Scott McNeill voiced like 90% of Dawn of War

1 hour ago, MetalMammoth said:

Michael Ironside. -He'd be awesome at voice acting most primarchs, save for the smoother ones. I could hear him as Dorn, or even Angron when he goes full psycho.

Steve Blum, who already played roles in the Dawn of War series. He's awesome at whatever he does.

And of course Christopher Judge playing Vulkan. Extra points if he gets to say "Indeed." or call someone "Boyyyy" in a warning tone.

Now I want to hear Mike Judge as one of the primarchs who can’t quite talk straight. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 12:29 PM, Slave to Darkness said:

Terry Crews as Vulcan, hes already tall and ripped enough.

"OLD SPICE PROMETHIUM IS SO GOOD AT BURNING HERETICS IT'LL MAKE THE RUINOUS POWERS STOP BELIEVING IN THEMSELVES! THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S FILLED WITH PURE 100% FAITHFUL...POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!"

(P-P-P-P-P-PURGING!)

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have kicked this around a number of times. In an effort to not write a novel of a thread I'm going to just go with our picks for the Primarchs. (Assume each actor is in their prime for each role)

- Lion El'Jonsin - Karl Urban (Eomer in LOTR era)

- Fulgrim - Cody Fern

- Perturabo - Jason Statham, Randy Couture, or Mickey Rourke 

- Jaghatai Khan - Jason Momoa

- Leman Russ - Chris Hemsworth 

- Rogal Dorn - Liam Neeson

- Konrad Curze - Brad Dourif (Wormtongue in LOTR) or Tom Hiddleston

- Sanguinius - Henry Cavill

- Ferrus Manus - Vinnie Jones

- Angron - Dave Bautista

- Roboute Guilliman - Daniel Craig (my phone autocorrected that to Robotech Guillermo lol)

- Mortarion - If Tom Hiddleston gets Curze I want Brad Dourif here

- Magnus - no idea. He'd be under so much makeup it hardly matters.

- Horus - I want to go with Dwayne Johnson here, but I'm not sure. 

- Lorgar - James McAvoy 

- Vulkan - DB Woodside

- Corax - Tom Ellis

- Alpharius/Omegon - Billy Zane

Forest Whitaker would make a good Ork Weirdboy or slightly mad human psyker, he could do the eye thing when he casts powers. 

Who was the big bald dude in the Mummy film with Brendan Fraser? He would make a good Lorgar. 

This dude for Erebus. 

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time Cast List: Actors and Actresses from  Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time