How to justify stuff.

Well I guess we are all excited about our lonely Zerkie reveal...

But I am starting to build an army (worthy of Mordor).

My sticking point is including such things as the Nachmund CSM, mainly El'dabbler in magic and the MoP, my other concern is the Knight Abominant...

And while I know this army will not be World Eaters per say I am a big fan of being fluffy :P.

The upgrade in the standard squad I was thinking Blood Priest/Summoner.

Any cool ideas? I am not going to play but I do like these units, but I feel I need a good reason thats acceptable for Khorne :).

2 hours ago, Wolf Guard Einar said:

The upgrade in the standard squad I was thinking Blood Priest/Summoner.

Any cool ideas? I am not going to play but I do like these units, but I feel I need a good reason thats acceptable for Khorne :).

I like the idea a lot, actually. A while back I was pondering just such a thing while writing a home brewed World Eaters codex.

What I came up with is a savage psyker who is a conundrum to Khorne. Khorne doesn’t accept him, but the psyker doesn’t care. He’s dedicated to Khorne, and takes skulls in Khorne’s name, but does so using the full range of psychic powers at his disposal. He doesn’t care that this enrages the blood god, who is both pleased by the bloodshed and enraged by the use of cowardly witchcraft to do so. To the psyker, his commitment is to inflicting maximum destruction in the blood God’s name. Rage and fury are aspects of Khorne’s nature, so in a twisted sense it’s an honor and mortal challenge to be the blood God’s target.

My version is careful to never summon daemons, as Khorne is always looking for ways to send flesh hounds to track him down and kill him. He event sent Karanak, but the Khornemage triumphed with martial might alone. He is able to channel the more “general” power of the warp, utilize and manipulate it, etc.

Therefore a lot of his witchcraft focuses on things like warptime, diabolic strength, death hex, etc.

Obviously can’t give him mark of Khorne on the table, but the actual mark and powers are of course a mega abstraction, so whatever.

Edited by Khornestar

1 minute ago, Khornestar said:

I like the idea a lot, actually. A while back I was pondering just such a thing while writing a home brewed World Eaters codex.

What I came up with is a savage psyker who is a conundrum to Khorne. He’s dedicated to Khorne, and takes skulls in Khorne’s name, but does so using the full range of psychic powers at his disposal. He doesn’t care that this enrages the blood god, who is both pleased by the bloodshed and enraged by the use of cowardly witchcraft to do so.

My version is careful to never summon daemons, as Khorne is always looking for ways to send flesh hounds to track him down and kill him. He event sent Karanak, but the Khornemage triumphed with martial might alone.

Therefore a lot of his witchcraft focuses on things like warptime, diabolic strength, death hex, etc.

Obviously can’t give him mark of Khorne on the table, but the actual mark and powers are of course a mega abstraction, so whatever.

Yeah I like all that. As you say never have a Mark of Khorne, but there is no way some Psykers are not worshipping Khorne...

A MoP sort of makes sense in a way to summon various Daemons of Khorne.

I suppose while magic is looked down upon I think at the end of the day Khorne does not care whence the blood flows.

Yeah so Blood Priest it is.

• 4 weeks later...

The Blood Pact in the Sabbat Crusade use Gore Mages, which are psykers of the Blood God. They don't practice sorcery/witchcraft and all they do is buff their troops' rage, conduct blood rites, and summon Khorne Daemons.