TERROR ASSAULT NIGHT LORDS 3K

gmaleron

Hey guys, currently still in the process of collecting my entire force with my buddy painting my army for me. Because of this and while waiting for plastic Predators I'm planning on running a Terror Assault force. Only had a few small point games of HH so far so any and all comments critiques and ideas are welcome. Thanks guys and AVE DOMINUS NOX.

ROW: Terror Assault

HQ:

-Praetor *w/ Jump Pack, MC Dual Lightning Claws, Melta Bomb

-Librarian *w/ Telepathy Discipline, Psychic Hood, Jump Pack, Chainglaive

-Master of Signals *w/ Nemesis Bolter, Prey Sight

ELITES:

-x2 Jump Pack Apothecaries

TROOPS:

-x2 Squads of 15 Night Raptors *w/ Chainglaives(or)Blades, Sgt w/ Headsmans Axe, Artificer Armour 

-x2 Squads of x10 Recon Marines *w/ Nemesis Bolters, Legion Auxilia(or)Scanner, Prey Sight

FAST ATTACK:

-x2 Xiphon Interceptors

HEAVY SUPPORT:

-x2 Sicaran Omegas *w/ Lascannon Sponsons, Prey Sight

TOTAL ARMY: 3000 POINTS

TACTICS:

-Recon Squads hang back with MoS pinning priority targets.

-Night Raptor Squads push up the table to engage or deep strike depending on opponent, terrain ect.

-Praetor and Librarian will attach themselves to a Night Raptor squad for to support them, Librarian Telepathy seems particularly fun.

-Omegas will prioritize Terminators or vehicles like Spartans.

You might want to equip your Praetor to handle other characters. Paragon Blade is a reasonable option. Which Warlord trait are you using with him?

Both of your characters will need to buy Bloody Murder to not break the Raptor's ability to use it.

MoS gives up his shooting to give his unit +1, so the nemesis bolter might not be a worthwhile investment. He also doesn't need Prey Sight as he already has Night Vision from his Cognis Signum.

Be aware the MoS Vox Disruptor also disorders your own reserves, so any unit you DS after the first has a 50/50 to be disrupted.

Raptors are overcosted to the point of it probably being a typo. If you do go with them leave a few bodies un-upgraded for the first few casualties.

Positioning 10 man recon squads can be tough. Give it a try but consider splitting them up a bit more. It'll also give you move Line units to sit on objectives.

Edited by Brother_Angelus

22 hours ago, Brother_Angelus said:

You might want to equip your Praetor to handle other characters. Paragon Blade is a reasonable option. Which Warlord trait are you using with him?

Both of your characters will need to buy Bloody Murder to not break the Raptor's ability to use it.

MoS gives up his shooting to give his unit +1, so the nemesis bolter might not be a worthwhile investment. He also doesn't need Prey Sight as he already has Night Vision from his Cognis Signum.

Be aware the MoS Vox Disruptor also disorders your own reserves, so any unit you DS after the first has a 50/50 to be disrupted.

Raptors are overcosted to the point of it probably being a typo. If you do go with them leave a few bodies un-upgraded for the first few casualties.

Positioning 10 man recon squads can be tough. Give it a try but consider splitting them up a bit more. It'll also give you move Line units to sit on objectives.

Appreciate the feedback. In regards to the MoS I mainly got him to ensure my Xiphons come on as soon as possible, chances are I'll be starting my Raptors on the table then if he does mess with DS.

Didn't know that about Bloody Murder so I can look into fixing that.

I'll definitely look into breaking up my Recon Squads, x4 Squads of 5 seems like it can be useful.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a boring suggestion but not taking Curze after you hit the 3000 point mark just feels like handicapping yourself. Removing the praetor, cutting down on the number of recon marines to 6 per squad and the points saved from no longer needing prey sight; this should be roughly enough to afford Curze, any remaining points can be taken from the Night Raptor upgrades. Otherwise as Angelus said, three smaller units of 6-7 nemesis recons would probably be more beneficial by giving you the potential to pin more units than two units of 10. The reason behind taking six is simply to have more opportunities to take advantage of ATfM. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 6:23 AM, Castellan Wulfrik said:

It's a boring suggestion but not taking Curze after you hit the 3000 point mark just feels like handicapping yourself. Removing the praetor, cutting down on the number of recon marines to 6 per squad and the points saved from no longer needing prey sight; this should be roughly enough to afford Curze, any remaining points can be taken from the Night Raptor upgrades. Otherwise as Angelus said, three smaller units of 6-7 nemesis recons would probably be more beneficial by giving you the potential to pin more units than two units of 10. The reason behind taking six is simply to have more opportunities to take advantage of ATfM. 

I plan on taking him eventually however however all of my friends who are playing as well are growing their armies and many don't have their Primarch yet. Goal for everyone is 3k points then Primarch

Edited by gmaleron