Daemon Keyword Units and Marks

Squike

Does anyone else find it odd that a majority of units in the CSM Codex with the DAEMON keyword cannot take marks of chaos, even thought you would have thought that the Daemon part of them would make it a high chance they were aligned to a specific god.....

On 8/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, Toldavf said:

Feels like an 11th hour balance decision to me, EVERY nid can take adrenal glands an upgrade that is superior to mark of khorne for the same point cost yet few of our units can have icons/marks and only cult troops, chosen, legionaires and bikes can have both.

That is my feeling too. They tried to tone down the codex creep a little bit I think.

The layering of buffs on units is reduced compared to our old codex in general I think.

But I don't think possessed with marks would be too broken on first glance.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

I think it is a bit hit or miss in terms of achieving some internal balance, if that was the goal as opposed to just arbitrary decisions. Possessed feel like a big-time miss. Also tied to the kits of course, so one can't really give them too much credit in terms of balance if that's the case. It does appear that some attemp;t was made, however. 

Not salty, just to make that part clear. I love the book and I think it's great fun. Just a bit inconsistent.

Edited by Khornestar

I think its pretty blatantly obvious it was a last second decision. Look at possessed. They get Icons but no marks? They are the only unit to get that. We have units with marks no icons (Raptors, Terminators,) but only 1 with icons no marks. I find it stupid.

On top of that, the only mark I could see as a possible problem in mass quantities is tzeentch. Khorne is just 1 round of +1 Strength (Biles Boys get it 100% of the time), Slaanesh isn't that good at all following the nerf to fight first (yes delightful agonies exists, mark it core only), and nurgle really only benefits T3-4 units well. Not very many str 10+ weapons in the game other than vehicle melee. Having a 100% Helix Gauntlet army could be problematic, but we do pay an additional 50% premium for the keyword too.