Recon company ROW heavy restriction

bitzforthebitzgod

Hi all. I have a query about the recon company ROW. Units with heavy sub type may be deployed on the board and must start in reserves.

Would this be the same for glaives etc, which do not have heavy sun type but are obviously super-heavy.

Super-heavy and heavy rules are quite different, so I’m not sure. RAW a glaive could start on the table? But intention of the ruling I’m 50/50 on. Most units with heavy are slow moving, apart from javelins. Glaives have 12 M so not so slow.

Glaive wouldn’t be scouting up front to find another legions scouts/infiltrators. But if the recon companies quarry was a titan I can see it as plausible.

Heavy is just an Infantry sub-type.

The following rules apply to all models with the Heavy sub-type: • A unit that includes only models with the Heavy subtype may re-roll failed Armour Saves against Template and Blast weapons. • A unit that includes any models with the Heavy subtype may not Run and when making a Movement during a Reaction based on its Initiative Characteristic, reduces the distance moved by -1.

Heavy doesn't appear to be a Vehicle Type anymore (for some reason Unit Types other than Vehicles have sub-types, but the Vehicle Unit Type has Types), but in their infinite wisdom the intern editing this mess of a book did not include the list of Vehicle sub-types in the sub-types list, but instead, in the Vehicle rules, so it isn't as clear what the list of Vehicle sub-types are ,which seems to be:

• Transports,
  • Slow,
  • Fast,
  • Skimmers,
  • Knights and Titans,
  • Super-Heavies, and
  • Flyers

Maybe this somehow does make sense because most of the Vehicle rules are just contained in each Vehicle Type, but it doesn't really seem to be that way.

Like Heavy, Tank (in the 6th/7th/AoDRBv1, e.g., a Leman Russ Tank was a Heavy Tank) is also no longer a Keyword/USR/Type/sub-type, and hence lots of the changes to the RoW that had things to say about them.