Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf.

Sigvard

So forgive me for being dumb. 

My initial intention was for for Frost Weapon Lightning Claws. 

But I saw someone saying that Frost Weapon stacks with Master-Crafted so it seems something like a Master-Crafted Frost Axe seems the way forward.  

I cannot see how one gives your Wolf Lord a master crafted weapon and then a frost weapon? 

Help me oh wise brothers of the rout!! 

9 hours ago, Sigvard said:

But I saw someone saying that Frost Weapon stacks with Master-Crafted so it seems something like a Master-Crafted Frost Axe seems the way forward.  

I cannot see how one gives your Wolf Lord a master crafted weapon and then a frost weapon? 

Some characters get Master Crafted weapons in their basic profile. For example, the Primaris Battle Leader can be given a Master Crafted Power Axe and the Lietenant from Indomitus comes with a Master Crafted Power Sword. Both of these are eligible for the Frost Weapon upgrade.

The WL of TW does not have a built-in MC weapon and can only choose from the normal melee weapons. Frost Claws are good although the number of units that now have the -1 Damage rule makes them a bit risky. The other solid option is a Master Crafted Thunder Hammer. He will hit on a 2+ in the first round of combat thanks to our trait and a flat 4 Damage will make a dent in most things. Ultimately it depends on whether you want him to blend infantry or hunt big game.