Throne of Skulls: Tempest of War 20/08/22

Casual Heresy

More than happy to report back afterwards. The big thing already is the organisers are ditching the fixed table layouts, and players will use the normal terrain placement rules. There is a good mix of armies as well. Can't see lists yet of course but from the players who have already registered we have Emperor's Childen, Iron Warriors, Ynnari, a few Deathguard, Drukhari, Necrons and more. Really looking forward to it.

Since I've had a few days to recover, my report on the event. It was brilliant!

Had a really fun weekend playing games against some brilliant armies and excellent opponents. The atmosphere was great. It's still a tournament and everyone is out to win but everyone I played was looking to have fun doing it. The WHW events team run an excellent event. Definitly will be going back to Throne of Skulls events, it's much more my scene than Grand Tournaments.

In the end I came 17th out of 70 which was a shock. Turns out I got 100% of favourite game votes which boosted my score. I only missed out on Most Sporting Player because the winner (who I voted for) had a few more tournament points than me. So being a sporting player does pay off!

But in the end my score dosen't matter; it was an excellent event and I highly recommend it.

I've had some great times at the GW events and can heartily recommend them.

Glad you enjoyed it. What faction/list did you take?

I got 3 favourite opponent awards at my last one and found that it boosted me up. Funnily enough, I wasn't fussed as I just had a damn good time.