Show me your alternative C´Tan models

Maggotlord

Hi all,

I´m about to build and paint Katakros

https://www.games-workshop.com/de-DE/Ossiarch-Bonereapers-Katakros-Mortarch-Of-The-Necropolis-2019

(the center model)

as my C´Tan Deciever, because I do not like the original model. I´m not sure about the paint scheme though.

Any ideas? How does your alternative C´Tan looks like?

Edited by Maggotlord

I am not a fan of any of the C'tan models right now, at least as far as they all have humanoid bodies. I prefer my C'tan to be more cosmic-horror infused, for the most part, so all of my C'tan are alternative GW models, mainly from the AoS Death model line or the Malign Sorcery sub-line. I've got a couple more ideas to do some other C'tan (mainly because I want at least three Transcendent and my current one is on the correct base but isn't as tall as it should be) but this is what I've got so far. 

Transcendent C'tan (the Nameless One)

Hyshian Twinstones from the AoS Lumineth Endless Spells

6XSsQIj.jpeg

Void Dragon (Zuz'shashon, the Solemn Scream)

Kurdoss Valentine from the AoS Nighthaunt line

GpZjOLn.jpeg

The Deceiver (Iash'Uddra, the Endless Swarm)

Malevolent Maelstrom from the AoS Malign Sorcery box

1DQI2kG.jpeg

The Nightbringer (Grohh'Yod, the Bleak Host)

Bone-Tithe Shreiker from the AoS Ossiarch Bonereapers Endless Spells

UYzVGQb.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

11 minutes ago, Maggotlord said:

Fantastic Work!

Where is that Deciever stand-in from?

Thanks! It is a Malevolent Maelstrom from the Malign Sorceries AoS box- which, along with the Endless Spells stuff, is a great source of pretty unique minis that don't really conform to most GW styles. They're meant to represent active spell effects I think, so they are less along the lines of action-posed minis and more works of nature. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen a few representations of C'Tan, particularly Nightbringer using the Purple Sun, it looks cool and otherworldly, however I think it's maybe a bit shorter than the official model so might be modelling for advantage a bit. It would work well for a transcendant. 

Spoiler

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Malign Sorcery | Games Workshop Webstore

Spoiler

rhu!(airidh) в Twitter: „I made a Trascendent C'tan out of a Purple Sun,  green stuff and hope. LOOK HOW ROUND IT IS https://t.co/aX3IIMtBuc“ /  Twitter

• 2 weeks later...

This is mine. Like many people I’ve based it off the Luminarch extended spell. To that I’ve added the really big skull from the skulls set and a plasmacyte. I like how the Vod dragon has a canoptek thingy attached to it and thought I’d replicate that. 

Sadly it, like most of my 40K stuff, is gathering dust right now. I’m not really playing 40K so my necrons are benched while I work on other stuff.

D7DF0439-4540-4B69-8497-767B12B4B3D7.thumb.jpeg.72543f70d2f3aa357a098868c4c19661.jpeg