Secondaries for Nephilim

Tankus Wokus

https://40kstats.goonhammer.com/#secondaries

Statistic data shows Bolster is weak on avg VPs, though the sample size is small and imo the main reason is IF having underwhelming performances. 

But its wording is also worse than the "strong" ones in shadow operation category(e.g. sacred grounds). Only one unit could start the action each time, and it must survive the whole enemy turn to your next command phase to score.

18 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

https://40kstats.goonhammer.com/#secondaries

Statistic data shows Bolster is weak on avg VPs, though the sample size is small and imo the main reason is IF having underwhelming performances. 

But its wording is also worse than the "strong" ones in shadow operation category(e.g. sacred grounds). Only one unit could start the action each time, and it must survive the whole enemy turn to your next command phase to score.

Arguably exactly how Sacred Grounds, to take your example, should work imo

My choice to use it is the same reason I play Imperial Fists in the first place - I like it. It fits thematically. Personally, and speaking only for me, it doesn't matter how weak it is in comparison when I'm already playing one of the absolute worst subfactions in Nephilim anyway.

@Lemondish I played a local tournament at the weekend, I took Bolster Barricades and it actually scored me pretty, the missions we used had most objectives outside of deployment zones so scoring 4 a time.

Edited by Tankus Wokus

• 1 month later...

Given the most recent change to Shock Tactics following the balance dataslate, I'm thinking this one now becomes a more common pick. I think the real question will be what works best for storming objectives for IF. Most of my games involved less taking from my opponent, and more holding against them. I'll have to consider working my list differently with some more aggressive threats. Maybe a teleporting Terminator brick instead of my Heavy Intercessor squad in the midfield? Maybe I'll go back to using the tanks but partner in some Intercessors in Impulsors.