Pyrovores - uses and tips sought

Zoatibix

Ahoy!  What are fold thoughts on Pyrovres these days? Their shooting and melee have both improved with the latest book. Core means access to buffs.

I don’t own any yet - are they worth picking up?

I was thinking that they could pod in, or try outflanking or even accompany a Trygon.

What sort of lists do folks find them best in?

Thank you.

Edited by Zoatibix

iv not ran any yet but am in the process of making some(converting from hive guard as im not paying that price for a single non character mini) thinking they could be especially fun in kronos... extra range and ap... should combine nicely. And strength from the power. many of the other buffs dont affect them as they auto hit so no expoloding 6s nor rerolls to hit but yeah. they seem pretty solid and a squad are pretty cheap points wise for output and stats. i do want to try them as midfeild counter unit but id say podded in is probably the best option, can put 2 squads in 1 pod afaik. id probably want a troop in there too to block an objective, possibly warriors for cc threat...  the more i think on them the more i prefer them over say a fex...

I think they can be an interesting but CP intensive counter to melee armies. Corrosive viscera, whilst 2CP, does a mortal wound to the opponent on a 4+ each time they take a wound. On a 5 wound model, that's pretty good. Likewise, acidic torrent can be used to dish out mortals for 1CP. So drop them in, dare melee units to charge and cop auto-hit overwatch then drown in acidic mortal wounds in the fight phase :D