An awakening is happening in the UK in.....................

Bilirubin

........deepest, darkest Kent.

An army of Szarekhan fighters are emerging from their slumber in readiness to cleanse the universe and destroy all before them.

My intention is to update this thread with pictures showing the progress I am making as well as new editions to the army.

I am starting with 10 x warriors so pictures to follow. I am not the quickest painter so please be patient. 

• 2 weeks later...

Next up I used Citadel Runelord Brass to paint the remainder of the Armour panels including the breast, side & back plates as well as the feet.  Sorry it all looks a bit pale and lifeless at the moment, there are other colours coming in soon however the first stages are all about the alloys, steel and brass.

Runelord Brass 1.JPG

Runelord Brass 2.JPG

Runelord Brass 3.JPG

Runelord Brass 4.JPG

Runelord Brass 5.JPG

Next up and at last a bit of colour/contrast I used Citadel Black Templar Contrast. I will be honest and say this should have been a very light "wash" enabling the silver/metal underneath to show through however I have applied it a bit too thick. On the plus side I like the contrast against the metals of the other parts. 

Black Templar Contrast 1.JPG

Black Templar Contrast 2.JPG

Black Templar Contrast 3.JPG

Black Templar Contrast 4.JPG

Next up I used Citadel Fulgurite Copper on the magazine in the weapons, the little wires in some of the leg joints and any fraid wires underneath the weapons. Sorry the pics are not that clear, I am using an old iphone and the macro setting is not great.

Fulgurite Copper 1.JPG

Fulgurite Copper 2.JPG

Fulgurite Copper 3.JPG

Next up is to paint all of the armour I previously painted with Citadel Runelord Brass with Citadel Cryptek Armourshade Gloss. Once again this is more of a wash to darken down the entire surface. Once again and much like the black above I was not happy with the results however it does get resolved later in the project.

Cryptek Armourshade Gloss 1.JPG

Cryptek Armourshade Gloss 2.JPG

Cryptek Armourshade Gloss 3.JPG

Cryptek Armourshade Gloss 4.JPG

In this next section I have condensed some of the processes as I did not want to bore you to death. The 4 x pictures are all showing the same results, but it was achieved in the following order.

1/ As the last process applying the Cryptek Armourshade Gloss resulted in very dark figures I applied Runelord Brass again but only to about one third of the area, I am trying to create hi-lighted areas where the light falls on the figure.

2/ Next, I applied a small amount of Canoptek Alloy to add even more highlights

3/ Finally I spot painted tiny spots of Vallejo Chrome to really make the light pop.

4/ I used Corax White to paint the eyeballs  

5/ I used Nuln Oil on the blades to give them a used, battle worn look, it darkened the crevasses and lines.

6/ Finally I used a tiny amount of Citadel Agrax Earhshade to highlight the magazines in the weapons. It ran into the gaps creating tiny black lines proving more definition.

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

Yeah, once again, I did the same as you. I hated that armourshade gloss on mine.

I surprisingly found that guilliman flesh and fyreslayer flesh worked much better for the bronzing shading and darkening my silver base coat.I also mixed the armourshade for the darkest bits. 

But looking good so far! Keeping the necron section alive haha

Edited by Captain Coolpants

2 hours ago, Captain Coolpants said:

Yeah, once again, I did the same as you. I hated that armourshade gloss on mine.

I surprisingly found that guilliman flesh and fyreslayer flesh worked much better for the bronzing shading and darkening my silver base coat.I also mixed the armourshade for the darkest bits. 

But looking good so far! Keeping the necron section alive haha

I would have been disappointed to leave them after the armourshade however the three paints mentioned above for hi lighting really made them pop. My camera does not do them justice, they really look good especially under a light