I detect Heresy!? An old member asking a few questions.

Chaplain Dak

Greetings brothers,

Have we the Black Templars lost our way? Forgotten about the Emperors Will? Are we walking the Path of Heresy?

I need to know!

Praise the Emperor, beloved by all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow Black Templar fanatics,

Firstly a brief summary and then some questions, that I hope you may be able to answer for me.

Its been more than 10 years since I played 40k (was 5th or 6th ed?) and havent kept up with anything related to this with the exception of DOW on the pc and playing Dark Heresy RPG.

It all started again with painting some unfinished units some months back for relaxation. (I do not have any urge to play anymore)

Ordered the 9th ed Codex, hoping for pictures and useful hobby related stuff. All i saw was .... Meh.  (the overdose on rules is another topic on its own which I wont be asking about.)

Then I came back here looking for inspiration and also checking out what people play now. This made me confused. It looks from my perspective that most people are playing standard SM but painted in BT colours. ( I can understand the whole primaris push as that is how GW will make money and they made them the better option)

What makes BT, BT in the current edition? After reading other chapter specific books I have the feeling that they have way more flavour to them than the BT. Am I correct in assuming this?

I noticed that there are new bases ingame, seeing that the "new" sword brethren have now larger bases (which make them more eye catching). What size are they? the 40mm ones? Is the new Helbrecht base the same as a dreadnought one? (this gives me loads of conversion ideas)

Thank you already for your explainations,

Chaplain Dak

Do you complain for lore or is it about the playstyle? Because I am not a huge fan of the playstyle of that codex too - thats why I have some issues with some here...

But the lore is very flashed out and everything from 4th Edition + XXX !!! I play Templars since the beginning - even before we got our beloved codex armageddon. And the lore is so rich now. We get a new Helbrecht book, the Supplement has nice flavour in it and Sigismunds character in the Horus Heresy novels has been worked out HUUUUUGE.

Edited by Medjugorje

1 hour ago, Medjugorje said:

Do you complain for lore or is it about the playstyle? Because I am not a huge fan of the playstyle of that codex too - thats why I have some issues with some here..

Well, given that he stated that he has no desire to play anymore, and that he was uninterested in the amount of rules in the latest codex, iI assume the former.