Moving within Engagment Range

domsto

Hello everybody

So we all know that we can't move within engagement Range with a normal move, but I heard that this also counts if you move throw it.

Hopefully my sketch helps with understanding my Question

Can the Blue Model move in between the two red Models(2 separate Units for clarity) when it's base can fit between the two red bases physically and would end it's move outside of engagement Range, but would pass throw it while moving.

Is this a legal move or not?

skizze.pdf

My own opinion is that it is would not - the rule is not that one cannot finish within engagement range, but that one cannot move within it - and to move through engagement range be necessity means that you move within it.

Contrast with the way the rules for Fall Back moves are worded, which states that you can only move within the engagement range of units that you start the phase engaged with.  If "move within" meant "end your move within" that language would be unnecessary, as you cannot make a fallback move unless you leave engagement range of the units you were originally engaged with.

Likewise, contrast with the language of titanic units, which can move over certain units, provided they don't end in engagement range.

On 8/29/2022 at 5:59 AM, domsto said:

we can't move within engagement Range with a normal move, but I heard that this also counts if you move throw it.

You cannot move within engagement range, so you cannot move within engagement range of an enemy model during any part of the models movement. You could move between two enemy models if there was sufficient space between them to be >1" from both of them, according to your base size.