Mumeishi's -White Scars Intercession KillTeam- WiP

MithrilForge

Heya, With the Release of the Intercession team rules PDF I decided to Finally get round to putting together my White Scars Killteam.

I only have 4 done so far but plan on finishing the Sarge and a last trooper shortly, then the love /hate relationship of painting white will commence :laugh: 

(admittedly white is like 10 times easier nowadays with all the new GW paint range...well, I guess we will see won't we... :sweat:)

First 4 - 2x Assault guys one is the grenadier, the standard Grenade launcher guy and an Auto toting standard guy - 

WhiteScars-Killteam1.thumb.jpg.e202243fbb3959b220e41a2c6424528a.jpg\

I quite liked making this guy as the White Scar upgrade pack had the Chainsword arm that practically fit perfectly onto where the Ultra pad arm went... shaving off the Ultra pad was not needed  

WhiteScars-AssaultGrenadier1.thumb.jpg.63755c1a98bfe431fa25909913ec2a06.jpg

Question for Killteam frater that might know  - The Sgt is getting a Pwr weapon (*among my group it's allowed to count as either a sword, power fist or Hammer)

but I'm not sure whether to give him an Auto Bolt rifle or the standard bolt rifle?... any ideas ?!?...

My other standard Trooper will be a Standard Bolt rifle so possibly I can equip him with the scope and blessed bolts...or would it work better on the Sarge??..  :ermm:

More soon...

Cheers, M

Edited by Mumeishi

On 9/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Mechanicus_Adept said:

I would go with bolt rifle on Sarge because the P1 is good to have just in case.

For modelling purpose i didnt think there was a difference between a bolt rifle and auto bolt rifle.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup: , In regards to Bolt Gun parts - See the Drum mags on the two Intercessors... that's the Auto Bolt gun Part, the standard bolt gun Part has a small scope and the Curved (sickle) Magazine and the Stalker Bolt gun part has a Scope and a straight Magazine.

Cheers,

++Edit++ added trooper 5  The veteran sniper “The Fox” 

03598A60-00D2-4447-8F5E-2F5628CFCE22.thumb.jpeg.57f5b8898b4e99d2512ebf09ed246141.jpeg

Edited by Mumeishi

I reckon if it's a straight up choice between Auto and standard Bolt Rifle, the Auto usually wins out. (Ceaseless better than P1)

Once you include the Scope+Blessed Bolts, the standard rifle is better... but I don't think you want that on your PW Sgt as he'll presumably be fighting up close?

So I'd do the Sgt with Auto/PW and the regular Intercessor with Bolt Rifle as your Sniper (with all the extra Equipment)

Though, if you're not set on the Sgt having a Rifle, I'd consider the Assault Sgt with Bolt Pistol rather than the Rifle, as fight twice seems more value than shoot twice for a CC character... but that's just me, yrmv!

Edited by Lysimachus

Sarge is done, funny but before I’d read the comment I had already decided to make him Auto Bolt & pwr Wpn !.  Thanks for the reassurance in my choice :sweat:

4A8313F4-69C2-4063-96AD-ED8326A5E2A6.thumb.jpeg.c91d43c591fd172e170000c0c52604ee.jpeg
BB10CD25-3657-4CF7-BAC8-D19B6C4277B9.thumb.jpeg.ae67d0ab0c7eb8d6f268c27a27af166b.jpeg
Next  up, it’s time  to undercoat them…in white :wink:

M

Edited by Mumeishi

One step Closer.... 

WhiteScarsKillteamUndercoated.thumb.jpg.7004e4d20e503da552807264745bbb97.jpg

After the white spray I Also base coated one of them last night in Ulthuan grey ( that's the colour i choose to use as my white base...I know I undercoated them white :teehee: but I prefer Ulthuan as I can highlight it with Corax white then even White scar if I feel it needs it!. I experimented with the new SoulBlight Grey wash on him... it comes out OK as a base recess wash, but I still need to use browns in the recesses as i want that warm white look on these guys ( I can highly recommend it for wanting a quick cool white colour)...

More updates Tomorrow... 

M.   

Thanks ink (seems we’re all changing our names lately :biggrin:

the  shield guy (lieutenant) was just on my desk so I put him in to get undercoated , he’s not part of the team !

speaking of…I started test painting on a trooper last night, base coats and recess washing has begun!…

8017C73C-1C46-4A99-99FB-014AE5AB7CCF.thumb.jpeg.eb4ef8261a56bfffb456070f3950b1f7.jpeg
 Hopefully more tonight while I’m feeling the painting mojo  :cool:

cheers, M 

Thanks @ INKS & Lysimachus for the comments.

Todays WiP

41EFE342-D3BC-45E8-84E5-E2B6E6184E65.thumb.jpeg.69daf6eecb7588fcd59629eacf35f424.jpeg

1566C62F-EF4E-4669-A235-200C6470033B.thumb.jpeg.ff52c56c25d03d0995f57973737d0335.jpeg

Leather pouches still WiP, and I still need to highlight the white armour, add a decal then Weathering.

Haven't painted many Primaris Marines (1 or 2 :laugh:) so this is a nice change, flat panels and crisp edges...it's like they were custom made for fun painting !.

I'm not a big proponent of Contrast, But that "Black Templar" is actually good for quick n easy Boltgun casings... :thumbsup: 

Cheers M.

Edited by Mumeishi

Q: Did you just have these guys laying about or did you but a box of X? Assault Intercessors or Intercessors with guns?

I just picked up a box of assault intercessors but I don't know that it'll have the gun bits I need.

@INKS I had a box of standard intercessors and I got the assault guys via the imperium magazine at my local newsagents, the power weapons and different heads came via my  mates bitz boxes !!.  And I had bought the white scars primaris upgrade sprue (hence the different chainsword on one of my assault guy’s) 

cheers M. 

@INKS you're probably better off having a box of each as a "Full Roster" for Killteam would most likely have 2 boxes worth anyway.... 

In todays WiP - i finished another marines head :laugh: (i did do all the white on the other marines so it's not that bad)

i swapped the bare head to go on my standard Auto Bolt Trooper !

WS2.thumb.jpg.c2328a6d085d0a41252aa8d0b705966d.jpg

sorry for the potato pic, i haven't painted eyes in  long time and it shows...i need more practice... 

More Tomorrow... and better pics too... :tongue:

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi
pic added

8 hours ago, INKS said:

I've been having trouble sourcing bases. And I meant the skin tone / color looks great. my other comment just seems odd. haha.

can't wait to see more.

I use the Sector mechanicus industrial bases box that has 32mm 40mm and a 60mm base in it, and i get the Necromunda 32's & 25's clam packs that have 10 bases each to sprinkle in amongst the Industrial one's ... well worth getting them and save time on basing, they are very easy to paint well. 

Thanks, i understood what you meant by skin :tongue: the other comment makes him sound like a Drukari Kabalite or wych that's draping someone's skin off of him :ohmy:...

I started Recess washing all the other troopers armour with Agrax last night (i need to catch them all up to the same level, so I'm working on the same thing on them)

2B498A64-EBB7-40E8-9492-54155EFBF0E2.thumb.jpeg.a30634a710f745edf0895d7e1ec30253.jpeg

Cheers, M

Edited by Mumeishi
Added pic

you going to mark them as troops? on the other pad? or would they be marked as troops even if you aren't going to do it. do assault intercessors get marked as assault? or are they troops as well. trying to get my squad marking right.

15 hours ago, INKS said:

my only issue is that some of them use 28s. can't seem to find 28s too easily. What are the marines on?

Marines are on the Industrial 32mm bases,

If you were going to make some bases on the 28mm black ones you got in the Killteam box you bought... you can get plastic card (old credit cards, used voucher cards etc  and trim it out and superglue it to the bases and make necromunda copies of them like i have done below - you should probably buy the 10 pack of 25 mm necromunda bases so you can look at them and copy them onto your blank black ones...

gallery_9146_583_275676.jpg

* Don't use cardboard unless its that really dense but thin card as it'll look weird after you paint it...

As to the Shoulder markings on the troops, If it's a standard troop model it'll get an Arrow if it's an assault model it'll get the double arrows (the assault push fits have it sculpted onto the pad anyway :sweat:) Basically whatever the model is in it's parent unit it keeps that symbol. 

Cheers, M.

17 minutes ago, INKS said:

Thanks

bases look great. and good on letting me know about the cardboard. I was going to cut up cereal boxes

If you "had to" use cereal boxes then I'd gently brush over them with watered down PVA glue to make them stronger... try to find plastic card first though... 

Cheers, M