Going to a tournament, need advice on secondaries

templargdt

Brothers-

I am taking my son to a tournament tomorrow; I will be bringing my Templars and he is bringing his Wolves.  I haven't really played this edition, much less kept up with all the changes.  I'm trying to catch up on everything.  What secondaries should we consider?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Debrief and Lessons Observed for the frater:

I went up against Chaos Knights, Imperial Fists, and Deathwing.  Win, Win, Loss.  I was intimidated by the Chaos Knights, but actually nearly tabled him.  His attacks were significantly hindered by the Uphold vow.  Fists were no problem.  Deathwing though, that was rough.  He had 40 deathwing terminators and basically sat on 3 objectives, racking up the points he needed to win.  

For secondaries, my choices varied on the table and enemy list.  Table quarters was okay, not great.  Very hard to get 3 VP a turn.  It was sometimes a challenge to get all 4 data skulls in shadow ops due to board control.  There were no good choices against the deathwing list.  

Edited by templargdt

On 9/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, templargdt said:

Brothers-

I am taking my son to a tournament tomorrow; I will be bringing my Templars and he is bringing his Wolves.  I haven't really played this edition, much less kept up with all the changes.  I'm trying to catch up on everything.  What secondaries should we consider?  Thanks.

Is this meta normal? After 2 wins a Dark Angel? And in general Imperial Fists (and he had won the first game?)

On 9/17/2022 at 5:56 PM, Medjugorje said:

Is this meta normal? After 2 wins a Dark Angel? And in general Imperial Fists (and he had won the first game?)

In smaller tournaments that are based on a regular group of players, people usually bring their passion armies. As the venue gets larger and gets more people who buy, hobby, and travel to compete, the armies will skew more towards meta.

So yes, that lineup doesn't surprise me if it's a store based local tournament.

in my area even small RTTs with 15~25 people you just see the best of the best. At the moment maximum 2x Marines.

Just when it comes to very very tiny events you can see a lot of funlists - when its up to 14.

But in general I want to see a video from IN when its about "player based terrain" because I think this could bring BT a huuuuge advantage. I never played that because we normally use WTC Terrain setup in most of our current events (although I have not participate in a lot of them since fall 2021

On 9/17/2022 at 4:14 PM, Dusktiger said:

out of curiosity, what was the list you took?

I tossed my list, but basically:

- Primaris Captain with MCPS, MCABR, Crusader's Helm

- Primaris Chap on Bike with Master of Sanctity, Obsec Aura, Ancient Brevary, 5+ FNP litany, Mortal Wounds in CC litany

- 3 x 5 Intercessors with ABRs

- 10 Vanguard Vets (9x LC/SS, 1x TH/SS with Champ of Feast)

- 5 BGV with Seal of Sigismund

- 5 AT (4x TH/SS, 1x 2 LC)

- 5 Company Vets with LCs, Flamers

- Apothecary (Chief Apothecary, Master Healer)

- Judicar (Tanhauser's Bones)

- Invictor Warsuit (Autocannon)

- Invictor Warsuit (Autocannon)

Eh, apparently mini knights are now obsec and count as 5 models.  But yeah, I think they were fine.  For 140 points I think they're pretty solid.

Orks and nids would have gotten wrecked.

Edited by templargdt