Help desired for the Mental Health awareness painting challenge.

Magos Takatus

Firstly I'm going to post the link: 

I am entering this challenge and I have decided to paint a Skorpekh Lord. However, I would like the help of the B&C to decide what spot colour to pick after the main colour (Green, as per the rules)

I am going to post nine images I have whisked up in the phone app impcat. Please post a reaction to any of the posts you like, no formal limits, vote for any you wish. I have also asked for help on Discord, Whatsapp and Instagram so it won't be entirely decided here. Thank you to anybody who helps me out, and I hope the rest of you can spare a model from your pile of shame to help out too. :)

1662142001042.jpg

1662142001045.jpg

1662142001048.jpg

1662142001051.jpg

1662142001054.jpg

1662142001056.jpg

1662142001058.jpg

1662142001035.jpg

1662142001039.jpg

Thanks for voting! The main body colour will stay green. That is one of the rules of the event and I picked a jade green to make it different from my Orks and my Adeptus Mechanicus models. Once the spot colour is decided I will pick a colour for the metallic skeleton and the base. I would expect the skeleton will remain fairly dark to avoid drawing attention away from the main elements. As a side note you picked one of my favourites, but it looks like one of the hardest to pull off! I'm only intending to use my vote as a tie-breaker.

Thanks for you help. I asked around a few places but it was fairly even until you tipped it in favour of the two purple to orange fades. I have messed about with the other elements of the model and hopefully it will look similar to this:

Screenshot_2022-09-05-13-46-34-037_com.DesignBench.impcat.jpg

Let's just hope I can pull it off! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you kindly! I messed up the energy colours first time but thankfully I painted really thin layers on the sword so it's not too visible. I just have to hope I don't mess it up when I paint the gold! :sweat:

I also bought some Scale 75 paints a while back and quite recently, it's no coincidence that I used paints that I'd not had a chance to play around with. I love that jade green colour, it might get used more in future projects.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CinYfPSjlvo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=  

...and in comes Angel Giraldez with a Jade green Necron painted way better. lol Always a bigger fish, eh?  :laugh:

Edited again: Looks slightly blue on my pc. He's still painting an astoundingly good model so while it's now a bit off-topic I'll leave it because it's Angel Giraldez and he's amazing. :)

Edited by Magos Takatus

Here's the finished article. I decided to tint the gold slightly with an ocean blue and some Scale 75 Peridot Alchemy to give it a slightly more sickly vibe so that it didn't compete too strongly with the orange.

It actually took less time than I thought it would. Now I just need to figure out how to link it onto the challenge on Instagram. :D

papacron right.jpg

papacron front.jpg

papacron left.jpg

papacron back.jpg

papacron close.jpg

2 hours ago, Captain Coolpants said:

I freaking love it! 

Fancy doing my whole army like that? Aha 

I don't know if my sanity would hold out long enough to finish that project! :teehee: Thanks for the support and the help with the votes. :smile: