Deamons

yan

So i had my first game against deamons yesterday. It didn’t help that it was against the by far best player from my area. But it was a fun game and I’ve learned a lot again!

basically  i got tabled turn 3. I’ll try to give a recap down here. Unfortunately i only rememberd to make one picture.

so we where playing tide of conviction. I deployed first he went first.

He brought two demon prinses, two units bloodletters a unit plaguebearers, two units of flamers, two exalted flamers, two  units of plague drones and some other characters.

i brought chaptermaster, chaplin on bike, jumplibby, 3x5 assault interseccors, 3 units eliminators, 3x5 jump wulfguard lc/cs, 2x skyclaws, 3x wulfen th/ss, 1 cyberwolf 

he tookreality rebels, despoilers of reallity, and psychic interrogation. Damn they have some hot secondary’s!

i took warrior pride,!a mighty saga and banners.

i put my eliminators on the bottom right objective, top left objective and bottom right objective.

He removed the eliminators from the top left with his demon prince and plague bearers. 
i charged two units wulfguard in and removed his plaguebearers. One unit of wolfguard got stuck in combat with his demon prince.

I thought i screened out well. But they can come out the distance of your leadership. So He degraded my leadership to 6 and then put a unit of flamers and an exhaulted flamer in my backfield and moved everything in agressivly. (Thats when the foto was taken) Then it was game over.

he flamed one unit wulfen, one unit wolfguard, one unit intercessors two more intercessors and two more skyclaws. He charged and killed my chaptermaster, and two units eliminators. In my return i killed a deamon prince and a unit of bloodletters. But then he had another round of shooting and i got basically tabled.

so what im trying to say here is, watch out for flamers. I dont know how to deal with them (except screen out better) but you cant charge them cos they kill you in overwatch. So bringing some stuff to eat  overwatch is a good idea. Cos turning off overwatch would also be a nice idea ifn’t they had 1000 ways to deny it. 

also they’re secondary’s are brutal and verry easy to max out i think. Ofcours I could’ve done better, but just sharing my experience here. Im looking forward for my next game against them. Shouldn’t be long, because i have the feeling a lot of people will take them

5B461E85-1558-4448-9B12-BB35A53B5D32.jpeg

I have heard that Flamers are one of the most powerful units in the codex for their points and you seem to back that up.

Rhinos are good for mobility, eating overwatch and protection from unexpected charges. A squad or two of Infiltrators will help screen out units coming in from Reserve. Overwatching flamers are nasty but Overwatch is only once per turn so make him burn it on something trivial if possible. I haven't faced new Daemons yet so I am just theorycrafting here at the moment.

Rhinos now have to come on the battlefield with troops inside, so you have to plan a bit around them. Also its really annoying if they deploy their flamers in a building or on second floor.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, yan said:

Also its really annoying if they deploy their flamers in a building or on second floor.

If they put them up a floor, remember that Engagement Range extends 5" vertically too! So try and stay beneath them and there's a reasonable chance you can stay out of LOS fairly easily.

The best way to deal with them is if you can turn off overwatch (which isn't super common, or even important for most things nowadays!) which is most likely just out of LOS charges. They'll fold pretty quickly to even a small unit of Grey Hunters/Blood Claws/Skyclaws in melee, provided they can get there. Murderous Hurricane might become a bit more useful: it already gave Fights Last, but if they aren't wholly on/within terrain, then it turns off overwatch, so it's a little bit more useful now that that is slightly valuable again :laugh: