Sons of Medusa

I have a Sons of Medusa army. The way I painted my green is as follows;

Prime Black (you can use grey or white but it doesn't seem to make much difference to the green but in my experience it does make painting the other details a little harder)

Base coat- Warboss Green (you'll need about 3-4 thin coats. You can paint a base paint under the first layer but from experience it doesn't do much to help; you'll do 1-2 coats of base paint followed by at least 2 coats of Warboss Green as opposed to 3-4 coats of Warboss Green. However if you have a pot of the air paint version of Warboss Green then it's effectively pre thinned and actually covers slightly better but it's been discontinued so I don't know how easy it is to get hold of now. Alternatively use an airbrush if that's an option).

Recess shade/pinwash- Coelia Greenshade (I've only got the old version of this not the new "improved" stuff. I would assume the outcome would be roughly equivalent though)

Edge Highlight- Skarsnik Green

Extreme highlight- Screaming Skull (use very sparingly)

Glaze- Lamenters Yellow or Bad Moon Yellow/Contrast Medium (something like a 1:10 mix should work although I've only done this once just as an experiment. It worked fine for me that once but since I bought close to a lifetimes supply of lamenters yellow before they discontinued it I've not had to repeat it).

Couple of other bits of advice (you didn't ask but I figured it might be helpful). The helmets are white so I paint them separately. Also SoM have a lot of red across the army from various sources (techmarines/dreadnoughts etc.). I have used khorne red for this on my army as when I tried mephiston red it looked very Christmassy.

Hope that helps, I'll see if I can find a photo of my marines (or take one) to show you how it comes out.

From Paul Grant on FB:

"White undercoat, all over wash of green contrast for shading, layer of Moot Green, 50/50 Moot Green and Yriel Yellow edge highlight, 15/75 MG and YY spot highlight"

From Neil Duffy on FB:

"All pro acryl.
Base black
Base green
Highlight bright yellow green
Edge bright yellow green with a tiny touch of bright yellow"

• 1 year later...